Roulette #65

Chapter 65 

(Rob)

"As my daughter, you must be sharp and alert. You should think five steps ahead of your enemies to be able to get what you want. And of course, because my blood runs through your veins, I guarantee you that if you just let it reign, then you will be as powerful as me."

Nanatili akong tahimik habang nagsasalita siya. Kanina pa siya naglilitanya rito habang magkatabi kaming nakaupo sa couch at nakaharap sa isang tsimenea. Malaki itong living room ng mansyon niya, akma ang disenyo sa kabuoan ng kabahayan.

Ito ang ikatlong araw na pinatawag niya ako ng ganito para lang paalalahanan na anak niya ako, na dapat ko siyang pagkatiwalaan, at dapat ko siyang tulungan na pabagsakin ang mga kaaway niya. Isa doon si Clade.

Madalas din siyang magkuwento noong mga panahong masaya daw sila ng tunay kong ina. Kung paano sila nagkakilala at nagmahalan.

Walang imik kong sinimsim ang tea na laman ng kopita na hawak ko habang nakikinig sa kanya. Kahit malamig ang panahon ay ramdam ko ang init dahil sa iniinom ko't sa tsimenea sa aming harapan.

"Do you remember those cryptic messages sent to you few weeks ago? I believe the last one was sent to you just a few days ago."

Bumaling ako sa kanya. "How did you know about it?"

He just shrugged at me and slowly, his creepy smile crept into his face.

"This is what I'm telling you. You should be sharp and know immediately who you are dealing with-"

"You were the one sending those messages," putol ko sa kanya habang walang emosyon ang mukha ko. Napangisi lalo siya. "You were also the one I talked to on the phone. I recognize your voice and I had a hint that it was you."

Humalakhak siya. Hindi na masyadong kita ang kanyang mga mata dahil sa labis na paghalakhak niya.

"That's my girl. I knew you have it inside you... The drive, the sharpness, the cleverness, everything! I knew that my blood inside you did not disappoint me. I sent those to you because I really wanted you to learn about the truth on your own and then you'll leave your boyfriend's side. That's when I'll take you under my protection. Take it as my way of claiming you back as my own."

Pinanood ko siyang malunod sa kanyang kasiyahan dahil sa simpleng sinabi ko. Muli akong sumimsim sa tea at bumaling sa nagbabagang apoy sa aking harapan.

"What do you want me to do?" Tanong ko kalaunan.

In my peripheral vision, I can see and sense his overwhelming happiness. I bet he's on the cloud nine because of the reaction and words that I've been giving him these past few days.

Yes. That's right. He can use me all he wants.

"Finally, we already understand each other like this. We're both on the same page. I've always wanted this to happen, you know."