Chapter 31

Mo followed He Tian in silence once they arrived at the residence. The whole way was quiet and Mo had inkling to what could be the problem. He must have seen Luther got close to him. But...he peeked at He Tian's back as the latter opened the door, a string of curse words leaving his mouth as he dropped his phone.

Mo reached and picked up his phone which thankfully didn't crack. He handed it to He Tian who took it without a word. What the hell with his attitude? Mo was starting to feel piss and he stomped past him once they were inside. He Tian looked at Mo's angry back and he huffed. Honestly he was feeling a lot of emotions at the moment and childish side of him didn't want to keep up the good guy appearance in front of him. He treated him right and cared for him. And as reward, he was ignored while some unknown guy's arm hugged him.

He slammed the bottle on kitchen counter and went ahead into his own room, fuming. If he were to go and talk with the red head now, he was sure there would be conflict and he might do something he would regret. 'Fuck..." he peeled off the necktie and threw it somewhere in the room. The shirt came off in a flash and only in his boxers he headed to the bathroom, trail of clothes lie on the floor in a mess. Cold water splashed on his face and after several minutes of standing still under it, the stress slowly dissipated and his mind cleared up a bit.

Through droplets of water hanging on his lashes, he saw Mo in that foreigner dude arm in his mind. Why did he allow some stranger to hug him when he didn't even allow him to stand close to him? Well, there was that ancient history between them but fuck it, haven't he atoned it enough? He looked down and saw his scar from fight with Shen Li. He even risked his life to save him and this was the thank he get? If he wanted, there were both men and women lining up for him. He scoffed, channeling his anger into stupid ego.

He didn't need to wait for some guy who kept kicking at his face. Beside...he didn't even remember what it was like to hold him or kiss him anymore. There was a pang inside his chest as he tried to recall the kiss they shared...under that dingy lamp post. Feel like it was a million years ago. The touch...the warmth...he did not remember any of it. Slamming his fist on the wall, he closed the shower and got out. If he was not going to give him any chance, then he didn't need to try so hard to the point he felt frustrated and pent up.

Picking out a black shirt and some matching jeans, he changed into the clothes. Hair was still wet and the water soaked the neck but he ignored it as he picked up his phone and car key. He slammed the door behind him with a loud bang and scanned the house for Mo's presence but he didn't find him in the living room. Huffing to himself, he stomped toward the main door but something fragrant halt his steps in front of it.

"...Where are you going? I...'" Mo asked coming out of the kitchen in his yellow hoodie and sweat pants. A frilly apron was tied around his waist. For a minute, He Tian forgot what was he planning to do but then he saw the cake on the kitchen isle and his anger returned. He showed him his car key and headed out, yelling, "To a club. Don't wait up." The door swung close leaving Mo standing alone in the huge house. Mo sighed. He had no energy to deal with more problems and that bastard had to go around throwing tantrum like a fucking teenager. He threw the apron on the isle and sat down on a stool.

He looked at the two set of dinner plates he sat down and one steaming bowl of curry before him. He didn't want to eat after the vomiting session at the bar but since He Tian seemed to be in bad mood, he wanted to make something to cool him down. He didn't quite understand why he wanted to but he wanted to. But now it seemed like a waste. Sighing, he picked up the bowls and put them in the fridge. He could have them reheated and eat in the morning. He got up and was ready to head to his room when the front door flung opened, startling him in his steps. "What the..."

He Tian stood at the entrance, huffing while his face was a bit flushed. "What are you doing? Didn't you say you are going to club?" Mo asked sternly as the latter closed the door with a bang. He didn't reply but instead took large strides toward Mo and grabbed his arm. "What are you doing?" Mo struggled his arm from the grip but instead got yanked forward into his chest. His face turned red and he could felt his heart hitched a new rhythm as He Tian hugged him tight in his arms. "He...He Tian...what are you doing...let go..."