Chapter 26

The floor beneath his bare feet was cold to touch, enough to make his toes numb after standing still near the window for over half an hour. Mo breathed deeply, saturating his lungs with filtered hospital air, as he watched the grounds below silently consumed in his own thoughts.

He had successfully overcome the detoxification process and was recovering really well. There was only a few days left before he would be officially discharged. And even though part of him was glad to be released from this confined place and rejoined the society, majority of his self was scared. He chewed his lower lips as the thoughts dug deep into his mind.

He had a very unusual visitor the other day. The funny looking blonde who used to come to the bar with He Tian. He was half expecting He Tian to continue pester him but the dark haired man was strangely silent in his room since the other day. He figured that might have been because he learnt the lesson and gave up. That would have been the best. That...was what I wanted...

Mo folded his arms over the chest and frowned deeply as the rhythm inside his chest betrayed the claims he just made. The discussion he had with the blonde pricked at the scab that was already forming over the wound inside his heart and once more he was bleeding again.

He heard a knock on the door around evening before the doctors round and thinking it might be He Tian again, he ignored the knock and covered his face with pillow as he lied still on the bed. But another knock didn't come, instead with a soft creak, the door opened and the blonde came in with a wide smile on his face.

He was wearing a white oversized sleeveless shirt that went down to middle of his thigh paired with faded blue skinny jeans. A rectangular black sunglass hung low on his sharp nose bridge revealing his ever cheerful gray almond eyes behind. "Hiya, red head! How you doing?" his voice was so loud, Mo jumped up from his bed, readied to fling the pillow at the intruder. ''For fuck sake...."

"Woahhh, relax, dude. It's just me." Mo sighed as he put the pillow down and glared at the blonde who walked around the room leisurely as he examined every inch of white nothingness. "We haven't been formally introduced. I am Jian Yi. That jerk of a He Tian's one and only friend." He said as he finally stopped before Mo who kept the deep scowl on his face as the two exchange looks. "...what do you want?" Mo spit out in most unfriendly way he could, hoping the other took the hint and went his own way.

But Jian Yi wasn't your usual intruder; he was shameless bastard who doesn't care about personal space toward anyone. He sat besides Mo making the latter shrunk away from him. Jian Yi folded his glasses and looked at Mo with amused smile. "...Calm down dude. I am not gonna do anything to you." He patted Mo's arm as if he was an old friend which made Mo cringed away even further from him. He studied Mo's face as if it was the most interesting puzzle in entire world for a few minutes, succeeding in making Mo wary of him more and more with each passing minute.

"I swear..." He put his hand against the lips as if he was thinking deeply. "...that He Tian has really peculiar taste in men. You are not even pretty." Mo let out a scoff and threw the pillow at his face. "...why thank you. Now get out if you done with your shit." Jian Yi caught the pillow directly with his face and groans irritatedly. "...hey I am just stating the obvious." "That stone face dude is head over heels for you. I have never seen him act like this in my whole life. As if he is obsessed with you." Mo stopped his raised pillow in air as he heard Jian Yi's words.

There was a silent rise in his pulse as he set the pillow down between them. "...that is his problem not mine. I want nothing to do with him." Jian Yi patted the pillow on his thighs before he leaned back with both of his arms supporting him in the back and kicked his feet out as if he was a kid playing with water. "I heard...what happened between you two." Blood shot up to Mo's temple and instantly his face turned into a dark shade of red, anger and shame mixing into dirty color.