Chapter 10

He Tian stretched his arms above the head and sat up straight. "So...I hear rumors about how you are the acting director in place of your uncle. I am curious, shouldn't the position have been yours from the start? Well, pardon me for being nosy. I apologize but curiosity gets better of me. Sometimes." Zhang Xi Xi's face darkened a little but he still held his composure, not giving He Tian the satisfaction of spooking him. He Tian on the other hand was calculating his opponent's actions with much amusement. "Like I said before I'd like it if we could speak on equal terms." Zhang Xi Xi said with a smile, despite the pointed questions he was now appearing more relaxed than compare to before, surrounded by subordinates.

"Obviously I want that as well. But you see, before we continue on our ''friend" status, shouldn't we get to know each other a little more? How about starting with how difficult life is living under your uncle's thumb? I am sure having your position stolen might piss you off a little." Smiling wide at Zhang Xi Xi who leaned back in his seat, staring at him intensely, He Tian was not in the mood to beat around the bush and dragged out this menial conversation. After all, he had far more important things to do than sitting inside meeting room and taught the spoil little young master the way of life. He had to catch his cat.

"Sure. Since I too need to get stuff off my chest, I don't mind consulting with you. But a clap can't happen with one hand. I too like to know what were your intention inviting me instead of my uncle when you seemed to already know the state of our house." He Tian chuckled and crossed his legs, rubbing his lower lip with a finger as this newbie's attitude slightly impressed him.

"You are not bad. Well, it is like this. I am ambitious." Zhang Xi Xi nodded in agreement, it was not that hard to see after all. "But it is not greed. More like, I am competitive. I'd like to catch up with the flow of time and polish our house to shine brighter than in the past." He wouldn't take his brother's place if he wasn't that ambitious in moving up the ladder. "The age of old generation is coming to an end. I do not like to be bound by idealism and attitudes from the past. Which in other words mean I like to work with young people like you who have so much potential and wide view in life than with old wrinkly bastards who are still clinging onto the dirty money from their past."

Zheng Xi Xi faintly smiled at his way of speaking, it was true the talks about him. He is a force to reckon. "I agree with you but there are circumstances that made the all out war with oldies as you called it difficult." He Tian smirked and said, "Do enlighten me on the matter. I believe at the end of this conversation we will become brothers in arm." Zheng Xi Xi sighed and crossed the arms over the chest. His straight brows knitted tight. "I...have someone I cared so much. Someone I have to protect. She is probably most important person in the whole world for me. To protect her, I have to avoid conflicts until situation becomes dire." Even though his expression remained the same, his eyes softened at the mention of the person who he held deep inside the heart.

He Tian studied the other person face in silent. He must really love that person. For him to even yield his throne to some two bit thief, the person he wanted to protect, he must really love them. Then what about me? Why do I want to go extra length just to get him forgive what he done? Do I love him? Is that why I want to have him by my side so bad? Is that why I feel uneasy to let him go? Is that love? Unconsciously, he touched his chest. The heart inside beat steady and strong without a single flutter. Yea, right. He scoffed himself for thinking useless things during a discussion. How can there be love after one night? He only wanted him because he felt guilty forcing on him. That is the only reason. All these feelings are only because he owed him. Nothing more than that. "Mr. He Tian...are you ok?" Zheng Xi Xi asked seeing the other person clenching a fist over his chest and making several faces.

"Oh I am fine. Just doing some thinking." He smiled widely at him and stood up. "From what you said I understand the situation. And since it is the internal affairs of other group, I prefer not to meddle. Openly." He paced in front of him and winked. "I will be your ally in the journey ahead." "I am glad to have you on my side. But I do believe He group doesn't make profit by handing out charity." A finger tapped on the table. He Tian raised a brow. No one has ever asked him bluntly before. Working with this Zhang Xi Xi would be interesting indeed. "You guess right. Like I said before we are currently in predicament with drugs She Li brought in. He is nothing but a rat now."