Chapter 30

Back at Stone Age, human used to fear of the dark. They were afraid of the night time where there was nothing to help them see and protect them against the wild animals hunger for blood. But cunning as evolution progressed, human now conquered not only the night time with thousand of neon lights enough to dare the sun but also the far outer space. There is really nothing much that could scare human race anymore. Except for another human being. Since the dawn of time, human remain the worst enemies of themselves.

Silently rubbing his fingers on lower lips, He Tian watched the street lights flashing past as the car race down busy city roads. Clad in black suit with ebony shirt underneath, he sat immaculate inside the car lost in thoughts. His mind was not on how the yellow, orange and red lights converge in kaleidoscopic arrays but on tepid lunch he had with Zhang Feng today.

The meeting was at a five star restaurant and since they bought out the whole place, it was silent, leaving two people sat at the table with stoic faces. He Tian knew from the reports about this ambitious man who had looted his nephew place while his brother was on his dead bed and swindling money and drugs into other territories but not about how he looked or how fox like he was.

The man was in his late 50s with his grey hair combed back slick on his head and strong build that didn't shy much from Qui. He had a big Opal ring on his left hand and some smudges of tattoo near his left wrist well hidden under his thousand of dollar worth tailored suit. His features were clean just like his nephew aside from a few lines along his forehead and fine wrinkles here and there.

He Tian smirked, picking up a glass of water and raise it as if to toast him. "...Well, I bet this meeting is long overdue, Mr. Zhang." The other man smiled, reaching out to his wine glass. "Indeed it is. Your reputation proceed you, young master He," "So is yours. Let us toast to our first face to face meeting." "Of course. It is my honor." Well that is full of shit. He Tian thought as he drowned the whole glass before putting it back with a thud. "This is good wine. Are you sure you are not drinking?" He Tian smiled politely. "No. I have some work to attend to afterward so need to keep my head clear." Truth was he just wanted to go pick up at Mo at his bar and enjoy a drink or two to relief stress with him. Why would he need to waste his tolerance with this old man?

Just then food came and waiters placed before them. "How about we discuss while eating? I am starving." The man said with a wide smile and started to dig in his food. He Tian was not one to follow other people instruction and there was nothing the world he hated more than being told what to do. And this man was really getting on his nerves. But he couldn't act like a brat so he just nodded and picked his food, totally not interested in it. "I have heard about your splendid action a few weeks ago. Good job getting that rascal Shen Li." He Tian put a piece of meat in his mouth and chewed.

"...Thank you. It was a bit over the top but it was needed to cleanse the infection from the root." The man made a throat noise as he looked at He Tian completely interested in the conversation. "Well, we both know Shen Li was just a scrap goat. There is actual puppeteer behind him after all." The man snickered and he twirled his fork. "Is that why you keep me under watch? You suspect I am the one who used Shen Li?" He Tian dabbed a napkin dramatically and flung it beside him. "Suspect? I don't work on suspicion, Mr. Feng." "...."

"As you may well know, our family doesn't deal with drugs and we don't tolerate those who try to smuggle the stuff into our territory. So let me get straight to the point. What was your plan in raising such a big uproar with Shen Li?" The man wiped his mouth and faced He Tian head on. "You youngsters are really impatient. Can't have a meal in peace." "We like to value our time." The man chuckled and said, "Where is the fun in me telling you about my plans?" He Tian laughed making the man went silence.