Chapter 7

Mo Guan Shang lay on the bed, wide awake. Sun light filtered through the glass was warm and full of spirit unlike him. Because of the persistent rain in past two days, the warmth and sunshine today was particularly welcomed with open arms. But that didn't apply for him.

He stared at the ceiling and the cream color roof stared back at him. His head was void of thoughts, just light and clear for once in a very long time. He couldn't figure out this turn of event in his already unfortunate life and the more he thought about it, the harder it became to understand. So he just gave up the struggle and tried to defragment the scenarios like a puzzle kids play.

First of all, it started because of that bastard, Li. He helped him from thugs who later he found out, unfortunately belong to a big mafia gang and one thing led to another, he got himself a stalker. He scratched his head and sighed. Thin short brows drew into a tight knot in the centre of his forehead. The stalker who happened to be a mafia gang leader somehow interested in him and annoyingly persistently bothered him for a couple of weeks.

He couldn't remember for life, what made him snapped and assaulted him. Basically, stalkers were sociopaths who slowly tried to coax their targets into accepting them. Not beat them to near death state and rape them. The two weeks where that bastard used to follow him on his way home, he didn't sense such vile and low intent from him. That was why he didn't put up much defense against his approach and deep down inside, really deep like seven feet below ground deep, he didn't actually hate it.

Mo sat up immediately, driving away the thoughts that sent chills down his spine and unconsciously, he drew up knees to the chest and held himself tight. No matter what that bastard is the lowest of the lowest and he is never going to forgive him.

Not even if he got doctors treated him with utmost care and got a maid catered to his every need. For the past two days, he couldn't even move because of the injuries he received while struggling and the tear on his bottom which hurt so much he thought he would never be able to sit in his life.

But thankfully, the tear wasn't big. He buried his face in arms, ears burning red as he remembered the doctor touching the bruise on his backside and helped him applied medication. Can someone just kill me?

Just when he was about to bang his head against the pillow, the door open and He Tian's secretary came in. Mo instantly sat straight. His butt stung as he straightened the posture. Secretary Li smiled, pushing his glasses up a little as he greeted him. "You are looking well, Mr. Mo." Mo wasn't impressed by his polite speech and gentleman aura that he seemed to cover himself with. No matter what, mafia was mafia.

"When can I leave this place?" he asked not bothering to reply the greeting. Secretary Li smiled and said, "That...why don't you talk to Master He regarding the matter? He is just concern about your health. And wanted you to rest according to doctor's instructions." Mo scoffed rudely, "Concern about my health? He raped me and now he is concern about me?"

Secretary Li's face twitched a little at Mo's outburst. "Can you go and fucking tell that bastard to drop dead somewhere? Keeping me here won't change anything. If he tried something again, I'll kill myself and take him with me." His eyes were blood shot, the veins on his forehead throbbed fiercely. Secretary Li sighed inside. He knew something like that was going to happen when he was asked to go and retrieve the papers the master himself had left behind.

Previously, he was curious of whom his master was shacking up with but after found out what had happened, he didn't want to know. Not because he was disgusted with the act, please, he was a thoroughbred mafia whose daily job was to toy with people's lives. But because of the terrifying look of regret on his young master's face. He knew right there and then, this mess was going to become headache for him. And true to his predictions, here he was.

He swallowed the complaints he wanted to make and put on a business smile. "I do understand your feelings." Mo glared at him and laughed. "I really do even though you may not think so. It wasn't justice for you to suffer such a horrible thing. Nothing I say or do can compensate for your pain." He looked so genuine; Mo stopped giving him the face and stopped mocking him. "And I have never seen Master He lose his temper like that in his whole life. This was the first time I have seen him tried so hard to win over someone he liked and failed splendidly in doing so."

Secretary Li's first intention was to try and calm the red head down with a few pretty words but the more he talked, the less he cared about his first intentions. His inner complaints and critics spilled out like fountains. It was hard seeing such big things and couldn't tell it to anyone. It truly was a torture. "I mean he had works piling up and things to deal with but he never failed to go see you almost every day. Do you know how troublesome it is to follow him in car when he walked you to station every fricking night? He is the damn head of the house. Someone could just ambush him easily and end his life. But no, he had to follow his pe...heart."

Mo stared at him, thinking what was happening. Something was wrong with this guy. He figured this four eye would be nothing but just another straight lace who knew nothing but business. Why was he complaining about his boss in front of a stranger? What kind of mafia thug was he? Secretary Li who was in the zone didn't realize the suspicious look on Mo's face and continued his complaints. "I even gave him advice on how to woo a person but as always he never took my advice if it was not work related. I am really troubled here, you know."

"I can tell he like you but jealousy is ugly enemy. I honestly never thought there'd come a day I will be able to witness Master He pine after a man so much, he jealous of someone who wasn't even a threat." "He really need to..." With a loud bang, the door flung opened and He Tian appeared. Secretary Li, who was spilling his heart out, managed to stop his mouth just in time before the boss.

He Tian's dark eyes dangerously narrowed on Secretary Li's face which was impassive as always despite his recent whining. He immediately composed himself and said, "Master He! I lost track of time. I apologizes. I was just going." He picked up the papers and quickly rushed out. "You, wait outside." He Tian said making the poor secretary stopped in his tracks to escape route. Unable to disobey the boss's order, Secretary Li silently resigned to his fate.

He Tian closed the door to the bedroom quietly and stood at the entrance not moving an inch. On the bed, Mo unconsciously shrunk back a little. This was the first time the two of them facing each other since the incident two days ago. When Mo woke up that morning, there was only the doctor in the room. And he was in so much pain and anger if he were to see that bastard's face; he would have died from stroke. That bastard only appeared at night and even then they didn't talk.

Strangely, he just sat at the foot of the bed, not facing him. Mo stayed alert whole night feared of what he would do to him when he fell asleep but he could no longer fight the sleepiness when dawn drew close. And the next morning when he woke up, nothing happened. Except he was wrapped in blanket all cozy and his outer wounds were tended.

The next night he pretended to fall asleep and around midnight, he felt someone came in the room. Normally, he wouldn't care much about such thing but after what happened, there was lingering fear inside his heart. He felt someone lie down beside him and waited for the attack, gathering all of his strength in one punch or kick. But nothing happened. To his surprise, he felt that person head nuzzled against his back and later steady breathings followed. Remembering the scene made his face flushed. That bastard must have attachment issues, otherwise why would he do such embarrassing things?