Chapter - 41B

We are always told differentiate between our Wants and Needs. But don't we want it because we need it? And isn't it because we need it that we want it?

The clock on the wall ticked away loudly in the quiet room. He Tian stared at the girl in front him with narrowed eyes while a finger slowly traced the line of his bottom lips. The girl had her head down staring at her lap which shook every now and then. And the atmosphere was so tense enough to spark a fire.

"Are you saying you couldn't contact your boyfriend and that's why you came to my house?" He Tian leaned forward as if to make sure no one else aside from them heard that he was royally pissed. Zhang Zi Qian was flustered and she started to bounce in her seat. "This has never happened before. Brother He, I would never have come here if I am not so worried. I am not joking here. Luther hasn't picked up my calls since yesterday morning." He Tian sighed and slumped back on cushions. "Then go check his workplace or his home first..." "You think I haven't? I didn't go to the bar but I went to his apartment but no one answered."

He threw arms on headrest, stretched his tired shoulders in eagle style and glared at the poor girl who was at a lost how to make her case. "You know it is 48 hours to actually call police for missing persons, right? What do you want me to do?" Tears started to run down Zhang Zi Qian's face and only then He Tian stopped his sarcasm and devil-may-care attitude. "I don't know what my father will do to him if he finds out about Luther. I really have no one else to turn to." She dropped to her knees and started to crawl toward He Tian while the latter shrunk backward on the seat as she latched on his leg. "Please! Brother He!"

Her puppy eyes and whining were getting louder and He Tian might be a heartless jerk but he was not immune to charms of cuteness either. He stretched his head toward the kitchen to make sure Mo was not anywhere in the vicinity and he quickly tried to peel off the girl, escaped this unfortunate position. "What is it that you want me to do? God, Zhang Zi Qian, get off my leg. Fine. Fine. I will help. I will help. So get the fuck up." He half pulled and half dragged the girl up and made her stood at a safe distance from him. "Really? Thank you! I know I can rely on you, brother He. Can you please look for him? Ask your men. Please. Please just find my boyfriend." She pulled his arm and made pleading eyes to her best until He Tian resigned himself to fate.

"Fine. I will ask men to look around. But that's all I am doing. I am really busy man. I don't have time for finding Nemo." "Yes, of course. Can you please ask your men to take me with them as well? I want to be there to see Luther." A bright smile bloomed on her small face and colors returned to her cheerful face. "No. Don't you step on the line. I will help look for him but you can't get anywhere near it." He forcibly turned her around and led her toward the garden exit. Zhang Zi Qian wasn't someone to give up easily and she made all kinds of fuss as she was pushed out of the house without mercy. "Stop pushing me. I already said I get it!" She yelped as she stumbled toward her pink convertible.

He Tian folded arms over his chest and stood before the entrance, firmly blocking it. "Why are you being so stingy? I didn't even get to see the garden properly. I think I saw a pool." "My house is not zoo. Get out of here. I will get someone to drive you back." He took out a phone and typed something in it. "I can drive by myself." "Nope. You are too young to be driving and plus, I have to make sure you don't stalk around my house." "I don't stalk. I just...keenly observe. By the way, your housekeeper is a man?" He Tian's brows twitched at her words. "It is so true. Gods make mistakes when they created humans. They gave mouths to those who don't need it." "Hey, that's mean."

A man in black suit soon came into view and the man inclined his head in greetings to both of them. "Off you go. I will keep an eye out for your boyfriend." "You better! I mean...thank you." She giggled nervously at He Tian's cold glare. "Tell I said goodbye to your housekeeper too." She was still talking while urged to take a seat in the car. "He is not housekeeper...He is my..." He Tian's eyes softened as something crossed his mind which Zhang Zi Qian didn't miss and she quickly got a hint. "Ooh! Then tell him..." "Just go already." He Tian turned quickly on his heels before she could finish her words and headed back to the house ignoring the girl's unintelligent shouts which became further by the minute as the car carried her away from the house.