Chapter - 23

Mo sat on the floor and stared at the dead body at the entrance with wide eyes. Outside he could hear the screams and gun shots. What was happening? And Shen Li had not came back yet. He shakily stood up with the help of wall and stepped over to see the entrance. There was a pool of blood around the dead man. He felt his stomach twisted and if there was food inside, he would be vomiting. But now there was only bile and he covered his mouth to prevent the retching. His fingers clenched tightly onto the shirt on his shoulder as he stepped back. Did someone come for him? Or was this another fight between Shen Li's group? What should he do? What can he do?

His nervous eyes laid on the gun left on the table. He could feel his heart racing with each minute and chills run all over his body. Was this his chance? But if it happened to be the same as before, he was not sure he would survive this time. He went over to the table and carefully picked up the gun. The metal was cold and surprisingly heavy in his hand. His fingers shakily run over its length. There was no way Shen Li would leave him alone with a gun without any man watching him. Him not coming back and all these noise outside...something big happened. Something or...someone. His mind wandered over to a certain dark haired mafia bastard but he shook his head. There was no way that bastard would come for him. I mean he probably didn't even realize he was taken. The thought somewhat hurt him. There was no one in this world that would miss him when he died. A sad smile hung on his lips as he stared at the gun in his hand. Maybe he should just use this to end his miserable life. That way, he would be free from torture and endless pain. It was not like he had a remarkable life waiting for him even if he somehow managed to escape.

But...tears dropped on the gun. He wanted to live. He wanted to...talk nonsense with Lee. He wanted to laughed and fought over nothing together with Lee and the owner. His life was hard. Scraping past day by day while longing for hope at the end of the tunnel. But there was none. Nothing for him but endless cycles of pain and humiliation. What was the point of prolonging the inevitable? He chuckled, tears soaking his cheeks. With this gun, he could swiftly put himself out of misery. Trembling, he slowly put the gun to his temple. The other hand held on to stop the shaking. Even at the end, the sight he would see was devastating. What a life you led, Mo Gaung Shan. Mom, Dad...I am sorry for this. But... I have...had...enough of this life. He hiccupped and wiped his face. He wouldn't back out this time. The tip dug into his temple as his fingers shakily reach to pull the trigger... BANG...

The window before him shattered into pieces with loud noise and shocked, he jumped back, nearly shot himself in feet. "What the hell..." He slowly crept to the window and peer out. The garage was deserted save for...He wrapped Shen Li's shirt around his waist like a bath towel and with the gun in his hand, decided to go see the situation. It took him several minutes to went over the dead body and then crept along the barrels at the entrance to hide himself. He saw Shen Li and... the moment he saw who the other person was he stopped in his tracks. He Tian...How? Why? A small fire was lit inside his dead heart and nervous; he knelt down behind a barrel and watched the situation. Did he really come for him? He couldn't be, right?

He watched the two men fighting to death with both awe and anxiety. Why was that guy going through such ordeal for him? Was he...was he really meant what he said in that alley? He clenched the gun close to his chest and nervously looked at the fight. It seemed like they were both evenly matched and it was only a matter of time...He silently cheered as Shen Li pinned down under He Tian and wiped his forehead. "Finally...it's over..." He only looked away for a few seconds and when he was about to get up, he caught a glimpse of silver flash in corner of his eyes. He Tian was stabbed. He covered his mouth, sudden coldness spread all over his body. No...No...this can't be...The He bastard...that smug and irritating bastard...is going to lose? He felt his knees weak and the blood pumping in the veins were so loud, he was deafened by it. He peeked out and saw Shen Li pointing a gun at He Tian who was still on the ground.