Chapter 11

By the time he woke up, it was already dark outside. Mo rubbed his eyes, groggy from sleeping till head went numb. He reached for the switch, searching it everywhere in the dark while knocking a few things off the desk. Finally, he managed to find the switch and squinted from sudden brightness. His room was thankfully the same as he left a week ago. He picked up clothes from the floor and threw it on the bed as he headed out of the room.

He didn't want to see his aunt and her boy toy just when he woke up and thankfully, the house was quiet. He checked the living room but surprisingly the mess before was nowhere to be seen. It was weird because his aunt was not one to do house chores and her boy friend didn't seem like an upstanding citizen who cared about tidiness. Beer bottles were still there in the corners but the mess on the table before had disappeared. Well, no mess meant less work for him. He scratched his head and headed to the bathroom, yawning.

"Didn't I tell you to cancel every appointment for the day?" He Tian barked at his secretary as he settled inside the car after sitting through 2 meetings back to back. Secretary Lee pushed his glasses up the nose bridge and said, "I did my best but you know well how important these meetings are, master He. There was no way for me to cancel them at last minutes." He Tian glared at him from the rear view mirror but huffed agitatedly as he too knew it was impossible situation. The car entered main road, despite the night's darkness, the whole world seemed ablaze with neon lights.

"...May I ask how did the meeting with Zhang house go? I handled the land development plans with their head of planning as you instructed." He Tian leaned his chin on knuckles as he gazed out to the traffic lights shining brightly along the road. "It went better than I imagined. Since Zhang Xi Xi agreed to work with us, there will be not much trouble inquiring and operating our missions in Northern territory. Make sure your man get acquainted with Zhang Xi Xi and help him out when he needs." "Yes sir."

He took out his smart phone and swiped it open. A white screen flashing with mails and messages appeared. Annoyed, he closed everything and opened his GPS. A bright red dot flashed on the screen which made his lips curved into a smirk. "So the only thing left for now is to cut off She Li's drug dealing routes." Secretary Lee said curiously eyeing his boss through the back mirror. "Jack is in position?" He Tian asked, closing the phone and looked at the secretary through the mirror.

"Yes. He has been in position for a week now and from the reports, it will be a success. Although I still puzzled why we couldn't finish her off quietly and clean up the mess easily." He Tian's fingers tapped the arm rest rhythmically. "Even though it would be an easy win with her death, I have a lot more to lose. I intend to get two birds with one stone, not make a wrong move and lose both." Secretary Lee felt like his boss was becoming more and more literary type than gangster.

A week ago, Jian Yi's remaining one P.I brought information about She Li's main base. A brothel in suburbs where he would never step foot in his wildest dreams but that was what made it ideal for She Li to establish it as his base. He bought the place and did drug business undetected by high mafia houses who were only interested in posh refined stuff. That was until Jian Yi's P.I snooped and got evidence on how he was dealing the drugs undetected.

The answer was the prostitutes from that brothel. The girls would service the customers in the halls as usual and when they retreated to the back rooms; they would not only serve sexually but also the drugs. The customers bought the drugs this way, undetected by any prying eyes or the cameras. Two birds one stone way of thinking. And some of these girls often worked at other bars and casinos and that was how the drugs got spread under radar. No one would think twice about a girl transporting drugs much less for night birds who in the public eyes were worth nothing more than things for pleasure. The perfect cover.