Chapter - 35

Luther Ivanov, the second son of Issac Ivanov, sixth head of Russian Mafia lived his childhood in china with his Chinese mother. Since his mother was a mistress, she was never taken back to Russia where Issac lived with his first wife and son. But that didn't mean they had a terrible life. Unlike the usual families, it is common for Mafia dons to have more than one family which is all good and sunshine till the succession arises.

But there was no malice between Luther's mother and the first wife. Both kept to themselves and when his mother passed away, Luther was taken into the family and the wife, Ursula welcomed him with open arms. Being an outsider for a long time, Luther had difficult time adjusting himself in Russia but because of his step mother and step brother's kindness and acceptance, he soon found himself a place in the mafia family.

When he was fifteen, he accompanied his father and brother to China which was his first time since the death of his mother. That was where he met Zhang Zi Qian. May be it was a teenage crush but it was love at first sight for him. For once in his life, he found someone who made him forget his obligations and positions. It was a lot easier to fall for her since she was also a daughter of underworld leader. Because of the cupid's guidance, the young people soon found themselves in sweet pool of love.

And since Luther was still attending private school back in Moscow, their relationship was mainly long distance but what a few hundred miles when your hearts were one. Both were looking forward to when they graduated from high school and finally united as a couple officially. That was until Luther got wind of arrange marriage for Zi Qian. He lied to his brother that the school was having a trip to china and weaseled his way to where his girlfriend was. And one thing led to another; here he was working at a bar to get close to He family's head's hidden lover.

First impression he got when he met Mo Guang Shan was that his informant was lying. There was no way someone who with such burly built and a mean face would have captured the He family's head's heart. He took his time observing Mo Guang Shan and He Tian who always came picking him up from the bar without missing a day. And his conclusion was...he still didn't get why He Tian was pining for Mo Guang Shan but one thing was certain, He Tian was whipped. That was actually everything he needed. Even though he put so much effort to shadow his rival and no matter how older he acted, he was still a brat. He didn't play his cards right and was put back into place by He Tian.

Luther stared at the pond before him as he slumped on a park bench. A khaki hat was placed backward on his head, hiding his blonde head from view. What was he doing? He should have just grabbed Zi Qian and run back to Moscow. But that would not only ruin Zi Qian's postion but also his family as well. He couldn't put his family in tight position because of his childishness but as a child himself, there was nothing else he could do. Did he really have to sit back and watch that jerk He Tian run the show?

He rubbed his face exhaustedly. But aside from sitting on sidelines, what could he do? Honestly he didn't want to mess with Mo again. Not because of He Tian's threat but because he didn't want to drag an innocent bystander by pettiness. His phone vibrated in his pants and he saw a message from Lee telling him about the shift tonight. Without replying, he shoved the phone back in the pockets and got up. He had more loose ends to worry about.

He didn't want to continue work at the bar anymore and he wanted to quit before the owner found out he lied about his age. He really didn't think things through. Hanging his head low and with both his hands stuck in pockets, Luther trudged lazily across the park. The park was peaceful since it was a weekday, less people and families were there. He whistled quietly as he followed a snake like pavement through green field. It was a sunny day with bright blue sky above his head.