Chapter 32

He Tian tapped the desk as if to diffuse his irritation as he stared at his brother's bandaged face through the phone screen. Apparently, there was an ambush at a business meeting him and Qui attended. Someone blew up their car and thankfully, both of them weren't harmed deadly. Qui protected He Cheng so the latter only banged his head a bit and had a concussion. Qui got burn on his left arm and a few lacerations over his face and arms.

Cheng stared at his younger brother with the same passive eyes as the younger fumed silently while he explained his older brother of the situation and who might be behind the attack. "...I doubt he have that much influence here in Macau as he claim to. This job seemed like some hired mercenaries work. Not very organized like Yakuza and Russian Mob here." He Cheng said as he tapped his forehead where a white bandage was wrapped neatly. "I am going to kill that motherfker." "...Calm down, Tian. We need to be smart about this. Even though I hate threats as much as you, I don't see much loss accepting his proposal."

He Tian leaned his head on knuckles and sighed. He too knew that accepting his marriage proposal would save a lot of trouble. And in time, He family could completely absorb the northern Zhang family. There was only one loss but plenty to gain. But ... "It is not like you have someone serious you are seeing at the moment. Right?" He Cheng asked as his brother seemingly lost in his own thoughts. "....I...." "Oh..." He Cheng raised a brow. Did his egomaniac brother get himself a lover or something? "So you are in a relationship?" He Tian sighed visibly and straightened himself in the seat. "...It's um...It is complicated. But that is why so, do not pester me about accepting it."

He Cheng smirked which would be smiling fondly in his dictionary but the brothers being who they were, that was the best warm gesture they shared between each other. "...If you say so then I won't force you. But you better keep the interest of the family first before anything." "Plus, if he was willing to trade his daughter like an object then I don't see why we shouldn't treat in the same way. They are the people with more to lose.'' He Tian shook his head. "I can grasp what he is planning. This old man is not someone who acts rashly. He is not scared to bow down for a generation, just to get the seat in next. Just like he did with his nephew. His aim is not to take over He family immediately but to consume from the inside and wait for an opportunity."

He Cheng nodded in agreement. "That is probable. So what do you propose?" He Tian picked up the phone and got up. "I got board meeting soon. Another headache aka Aunty Jian to deal with. And I will manage this bastard on my own." "You just take care of your ass and don't die before you get me largest casino business in Macau." He Cheng rolled his eyes and shook his head slightly. "And tell Qui to look after you better. Not just your ass." He Tian stuck a tongue at his brother who gave him middle finger and the call was ended.

He put the phone in pocket and adjusted his tie before heading out of the office. "Meeting is ready, Boss." Secretary Li greeted him as he stepped out. "Madam Jian?" "She just arrived. I try to get her to talk before the meeting start but she insisted on meeting afterward." He Tian run a hand through his hair and clicked his tongue. "So be it." Putting on his business smile, he walked into the meeting room where several big business tycoons sat waiting for him obediently.

After 30 minutes, the first board meeting since Shen Li's incident went smoothly. He Tian was the last to come out following a silver haired woman who was dressed impeccably in black velvet suit. Her pencil heels clicked on the floor sharply with each step, her body guard was a burly 6 ft man in black suit but despite the huge different in body sizes, her aura far more impressive than the guard. He Tian followed her while secretary Li was ahead of them to show her to He Tian's office. He opened the door and bowed. "We are here, Madam Jian. Please go ahead." The woman nodded her head and she went in without a word. "Get some jasmine tea. She likes it." He Tian whispered to secretary Li before he too went inside and closed the door.