𝗙𝗶𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀 || 𝖡𝖺𝗂𝗓𝗁𝗎

𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗞𝗦- 𝖡𝖺𝗂𝗓𝗁𝗎 -

𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗞𝗦
- 𝖡𝖺𝗂𝗓𝗁𝗎 -

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

THE CITY OF LIYUE WAS EXCITED FOR THE NEW YEAR'S FIREWORK DISPLAY

in the docks that was going to happen very soon. The streets had food carts, trinket stalls and whatnot which made the entire city more lively than it usually was.
"Come on! We might be late!" You piped up, tugging on Baizhu's arm "the fireworks won't be up 'till ten minutes from now." He chuckled, following you out the door and brushing past the crowd.

"We need to pick a good spot up top!" You added, eyes lifting to the sky in excitement to which Baizhu nodded with a smile "Of course."

You dragged Baizhu to all the different spots you had decided upon earlier in the day but unfortunately for you, they had all been taken. The clock struck eleven fifty-five and you started to panic. You had no where to settle and it was almost new year. "Oh no.." you whimpered, eyes darting around, desperately searching for a secluded spot.

"Hey," Baizhu called sweetly, squeezing your hand in his. "No need to worry, I know a place." You looked up at him in disbelief, "you do?" And he nodded before leading you to the building that sat right in front of the docks of Liyue's harbor. Confused, Baizhu suddenly started climbing up the pillar and towards the roof. "Be careful now, I wouldn't want you to fall, (Y/n)."

You were hesitant at first, wondering if it was a safe idea but looking over your shoulder to the people beginning to set up the fireworks to their positions, you didn't exactly have any other choice. "Don't worry." Baizhu spoke, extending his arm to you as he reached the middle of the pillar, "it'll be worth it, trust me."

You nodded and used your Anemo abilities to create a wind current to boost you up into the roof with your gliders. Baizhu rolled his eyes playfully at the elemental display before finally making his way up the roof.

You steadied yourself on the roof tiles whilst Baizhu reached toward you in case you would fall. "We have three minutes left!" You told him, sitting down on a safe enough spot and patting the space beside you. After the both of you had finally gotten comfortable, your eyes seemed to trail over to all the people below who were pointing to the sky in excitement whilst others positioned the rest of the fireworks and sparklers by the docks.

Baizhu looked over to you took his hand in yours. "My, what a year it has been.." he sighed as you met his gaze. "We've grown so much over our time together, (Y/n) darling." he then lifted your hand and placed a lingering kiss atop your hand, making your spine tingle and your cheeks to warm.

One minute remained until the new year and you couldn't contain your wide smile. "I'm so happy to be with you.." you spoke with a shaky voice, feeling excitement brewing up in your stomach as Baizhu smiled lovingly at you. "Here's to another year with you."

his soothing voice and intense eyes didn't help the butterflies in your stomach and the same could be said for him to you; he adored that smile and deep (e/c) eyes that he just wanted to kiss you at that moment but was interrupted by the loud countdown by the people of Liyue.

"Five!!" they beamed, eyes reaching up into the sky.

"Four!!" It was almost time and your leg bounced up and down, elated for what the new year could bring.

"Three!!!" The crowds cheers grew even louder, children's fists pumping into the air while their parents stood by them with cheerful smiles.

"Two!!!!" your fingers clenched tightly into your palm whilst Baizhu just couldn't keep his eyes off of you in that moment.

"ONE!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" everyone cheered aloud and the fireworks were set ablaze into the night sky. The colors and patterns of the fireworks mesmerized you, and because of that, Baizhu could see just how beautiful you are with all the different lights and colors that reflected in your eyes and his lips parted slightly; in complete awe.

Then, he placed his hand on your cheek to make you look at him and he could fully see the colors. You still had that smile of yours and that's when he could no longer contain himself, He pulled you right into him, lips smashing with yours in a passionate kiss. Your hands roamed up to his shoulders as your eyes fluttered closed, eagerly kissing him back.

You could feel him smile against your lips and chuckled before you both parted. "Happy new year, my darling."

you pressed a light kiss to his cheek and leant on his shoulder while returning your gaze into the festive display of fireworks as Baizhu wrapped his arm around you, looking up into the sky as well.

"Happy new year, Baizhu.."