𝗕𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗙𝗼𝗼𝗱 || 𝖥𝖺𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋! 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈

𝗕𝗔𝗕𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗢𝗗- 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈 -

𝗕𝗔𝗕𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗢𝗗
- 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈 -

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

XIAO NEVER THOUGHT

that he would ever get married to another adepti and become a father but he also couldn't believe it would be so perplexing to get your baby to eat.

He had faced many trials in his life, both he found quite easy while the latter was difficult . But if he had to rate the difficulty of feeding his son, it would definitely be an eleven out of ten pro difficulty.

"Come on, Kuo. Why won't you eat? It's good for you." Xiao groaned, swirling the small spoon above the platter of baby food whilst he sat opposite of his son. But Kuo quickly swiped his head away, denying his father.

"If you won't eat, I'm gonna call your mother." Xiao added with a condescending tone, hoping it was enough to get his son to eat, but like his many attempts, it failed miserably.

He pushed the plate forward and pressed his forehead against the table with a groan. "Stop being so difficult Kuo.. can't you see daddy's trying here?" He lifted his face and rested his chin above his hand. "I still have work to do later today.. so please eat?"

Moments later, you arrived in the kitchen after folding clothes, shocked to see your son was just sitting there with a full plate of food and a grumbling adepti with a colorful baby spoon clenched in his fist.

"Xiao? are you okay? And why hasn't Kuo touched his food yet?" You asked, approaching your husband as he shifted his gaze to you. "Hello my love. And no I'm not exactly thrilled because Kuo here won't accept his food." Xiao crossed his arms over his chest as you reached up to gently rake your fingers through his hair in hopes to soothe him.

"Oh darling, Kuo. Aren't you hungry?" You coed, taking the spoon from Xiao and taking some baby mix before offering it to your son. "Wouldn't you like some yummy porridge?" You sang with a smile, making Kuo stare at you curiously.

Xiao watched as you slowly lead the spoon to his mouth while saying 'swoosh'. And much to his surprise, it worked. Kuo took a spoonful and you giggled. "Isn't it yummy?"

Xiao, with a confused look on his face, darted his eyes to you then to his son. "Wait- how did you?" You bent down and brushed his hair away so you could kiss his temple. "You just have to baby-talk him." But he refused. "There's no way I'm making goo-goo ga-ga noises just for that."

You moved over to your son's side and kissed his cheek, causing him to gurgle happily. "Just give it a try! It really isn't that hard." With that, you proceeded to the kitchen, leaving the two boys alone once more.

"Not that hard? Excuse me? She clearly has some sort of motherly power right?" He thought, staring at his son and eyeing him angrily. "... I will not lose to you."

Kuo only looked at him innocently because he had no idea what was going on and why his father was looking at him that way.

Xiao wouldn't be caught dead baby-talking but for his son, he had to do it. His cheeks burned red with embarrassment as he took the spoon and swirled it towards his son. "H-here comes the wind glider.. w-woosh swoosh!" He cringed at his delivery and his shoulders tense up but Kuo only stared in disbelief, his mouth slightly hanging open.

Xiao needed to think of something and he had to do it fast otherwise his son would reject him once more. His embarrassment turned into determination when his brows furrowed.

"Oh no!! I'm gonna crash!! Please don't eat me!!!"

He pushed aside his intimidating exterior just for this moment and surprisingly enough, Kuo accepted the spoonful of food, causing Xiao's eyes to grow wide.

I did it.

He let out a shaky breath. Finally he had succeeded and he did not fail this baffling objective. "U... Uma" Kuo babbled, reaching his arms forward. "Uma!!" Xiao took this as a sign that he wanted more and so he continued pressing on. With every random baby word that left his lips, Kuo accepted the food and in time, the plate had been emptied.

Kuo could see the happiness in his father's eyes and he clapped his hands with a smile.

You heard the giggles coming from your son and jogged to the dining area with a grin. "Oh hey! You did it!" You chuckled and Xiao got up from his seat. "It.... wasn't that hard actually." Right away his usual stoic expression returned. He knew if he told you with such joy, you would never shut up about it and you would probably tell Zhongli and your other friends.

He couldn't risk it.

"Good job, hon!" You took his hand and kissed his cheek. A job well done indeed. After you brought the dirty dish to the kitchen sink, Xiao grabbed the bib around Kuo's neck to wipe away the food stains on his chubby cheeks. "Uma!!" He gurgled and Xiao sighed. "You know I don't understand you, right?"

But Kuo kept a smile, melting Xiao's heart. "Ugh.. you're cute. But not so cute.." he finished with narrowed eyes.

After cleaning up, Xiao lifted his son from the baby chair and into his arms to meet you. Kuo's bright amber eyes met yours and you waddled towards them. "Aw, you look just like daddy.." you coed, taking him from Xiao. "My handsome little boy!" You pressed multiple kisses to his cheek, tickling Kuo and making him laugh.

The corner of Xiao's lips perked up with a small smile at the sight. After all these years, he had never felt more at peace. That his life was nothing but filled with love from his wife and son. He wouldn't admit it aloud though, but he definitely loved you both with his entire being.

"Come on now, darling. It's bath time!" You cheered, snapping him out of his thoughts while heading to the bathroom. When Xiao followed he was ecstatic, but also still feeling a little embarrassed after what he had done earlier. With a huff, he brought his hand over his mouth.

I can't believe I just did that...

Bing bong this was really funny to write. I just kept snickering to myself.

Hope you enjoyed!