Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year

Christmas 2005

I hadn't said anything to Dutch after Danny had left that day I played it off and said I felt sick so needed to sleep. I needed to think about things. I knew I was being funny with him but I just kept saying it was run up to Christmas stress or sickness I mean how do I approach it as once that genie is out of the bottle there is no way to put it back, but it was weighing me down so bad I needed to say something to someone.

That's why I'm now sitting at Bobby's house with Emily while Dutch is at work. I'm in floods of tears again. "Yeah I know I said no dramas before the baby is born yet here I am." I sob to the two of them.

"Ah honey i get it, I get why you are upset, and I'm not Dutchs biggest fan but he is not some master manipulator, he is impulsive and I think when it comes to you he doesn't think or act rationally neither of you do, but that's not evil or wrong." Emily looks over to Bobby clearly waiting for a guys input on this matter, poor Bobby is always dragged into our girlie dramas.

"You know you have to talk to Dutch about this dont you? and you really should have by now, but you already know that. But if you want my opinion I personally think that Danny is just messing with your head, he cant touch you physically anymore so he is playing mind games to drive a wedge between the two of you. He cant stand the fact that you've moved on and are happy with someone, especially someone who could kick his ass." He leans over to me and puts a comforting arm around my shoulder.

"Come on you know Dutch, he loves you and no offense but he ain't bright enough to manipulate anyone, and as Emily said you both dont think straight when youre around each other and do crazy things like elope" he says laughing.

" Yeah not that we all arent still bitter about that at all, but look at you, you were so happy being pregnant and married dont let Danny ruin this for you guys." Emily is right, I know they are right so now I have to talk to Dutch and just hope he dont plan on killing Danny after.

Christmas Eve

We have just finally got Leo calmed down and settled in bed, he is so excited its unreal. We are placing the presents under the tree to make out that Santa has been and Dutch is drinking "Santas" milk and eating his cookie and leaving crumbs for Leo to find in the morning. Dave and Eve are over at the country clubs Christmas eve party so it's just the two of us left in the house. I guess now is the time to deal with what's been on my mind.

"Dutch, you know you said when we got back together that we shouldnt have any secrets and that for it to work this time we need to talk to each other." I say sheepishly.

"Yeah I did? Why are you finally going to tell me the reason you've been so quiet and down recently." Well I guess he is more observant than I give him credit for.

I tell him what Danny said to me that day upstairs and he doesn't say anything he just sits there looking really confused.

"I'm guessing then, that the reason you've been cold towards me is because you think it's true. Otherwise you would have already told me this or not given it another thought. For fuck sake Vanessa if you truly believed I'm such a monster why would you even marry me." He goes to walk out of the room.

"Please Babe, dont go, I dont want to fight, no I dont believe your evil and manipulative. Danny is. You see that's what he does he gets in my head and plays games he always has and my hormones are all over the place I'm not thinking clearly."