Renewal of wedding vows and all that jazz!

August 2006

We pushed our little blessing ceremony back till August as I wanted to get in shape and get Baby Ava into some sort of routine so I wouldnt be breastfeeding her all day and she wouldnt be so fussy and will be happy to go to someone other than me and Dutch.

Dutch has been amazing with our daughter he has took time off work to spend time at home with us and help plan the upcoming ceremony. I'll be gutted when he has to leave to go back to work I love this little bubble we have created with Leo and Ava.

Tonight however Dutch is out on his "not" bachelor party. He has promised me it wont be a wild one the guys are taking a ride out on their bikes and going camping and drinking. They feel like they haven't seen each other much and also feel they missed out giving us both a proper send off.

I on the other hand am staying in at our house and the girls are all coming over including Eve, I haven't invited my mom as I want a nice relaxing evening with the girls. 

I have put Leo to bed and I'm just trying to get Ava settled when Emily, Ali, Susan and Barbara turn up.

"Yes I'm so pleased you haven't put her to bed yet I want a snuggle" Ali says with her arms outstretched.

"Oh Ness, she is just so beautiful" Barbara coos.

"Cant believe how much she looks like her Daddy, poor thing." Susan teases.

"I know tell me about it, I do all the hardwork and she comes out with his miserable face." I laugh.

I lead the girls into the Den and get them all drinks, I'm still not drinking as I'm breastfeeding tonight however I will be pumping quite a bit out so I can have some champagne tomorrow to celebrate.

Eve arrives with her overnight bag as she is staying with me tonight as is Emily so they can help me with the kids and to get ready for the ceremony. I take Ava upstairs and get her settled and then head back down to the girls with the baby monitor in hand just in case.

"Oh No what the hell is going on?"I walk into the room and see Emily is setting up party games, I cringe when I see an actual life size cardboard cutout of Dutch.

"Emily these games better be PG as I have my mother in law here." I say shaking my head.

"Oh dont mind me, come on Vanessa I'm not a prude I do know what a penis looks like." I turn to her shocked as the others laugh.

"Yeah Ness, Eve wants to play the games with us and its not like she doesn't get the fact that you and her son have had sex" I cringe as Emily speaks.

"Thank you Emily, I'm a good sport and plus I do get that you two have had lots of sex, remember me and Dave had  to move you two out to the pool house so we could get some sleep at night."  We all chuckle and I finally relax.

Emily makes us play rude bingo where naughty words are read out and we had to mark them off our cards. She had some truth or dare cards made which were fun until the questions of sex related things were aimed at me, I couldnt look at Eve as I answered questions such as favourite position, weirdest place we had sex etc. But when she brought the cardboard cut out of Dutch to play pin the penis on the Dutch I think that was the tipping point for poor Eve who then decided that she was going to call it a night and leave us girls to it.