Beach Days

Sunday Morning

I wake up and as I turn over im disappointed to see that I'm all alone in bed. As I lie there stretching out I can hear Dutch and Johnny talking in the other room.

"She has a boyfriend and a kid man, what are you doing?"

"She is going to leave him and move back here with her son."

"And you believe her? Shes really gonna leave her life behind for you? Come on man, you are not that stupid."

"Fuck off Johnny, you dont know what's going on" Dutch says now clearly annoyed.

"Look Dutch I love you, and I love Vanessa and I would love nothing more than for you guys to work out and live happily ever after, but I dont want you to get your hopes up. She has a lot to lose and your asking her to give up alot and for what? What are you gonna offer her and her son?"

"You think I haven't thought about that, I know I'm not good enough for her as everyone reminds me of this all the fucking time. But I know no one will ever love her as much as I do, anyway the drinks are getting cold I better go. I'll get her up and get ready to go shortly." 

I hear his footsteps approaching and I quickly pretend to be asleep as he opens the door and struggles in with two cups in his hands.

"Morning Babe, I've brought you a coffee" he says while sitting on the bed. I look up and see he is just wearing some grey joggers and his hair is messy from bed and sex. Man he is so good looking it almost hurts to look at him.

"Morning handsome" I lean up to kiss him and take the coffee from him.

He gets back into bed beside me "Babe as it's our last day all together, the guys thought it would be good for us all to have a beach day, like old times, light a fire, listen to music, bbq some burgers"

"Yeah that sounds amazing. Sounds like fun. Then will you come back and stay with me at the hotel tonight for my last night?"

"Yeah of course I will, I want to spend every last second with you until we have to say goodbye."

My phone rings rudely interrupting us "Shit its Danny, I'll have to take this incase it's about Leo."

"Do you want me to leave?"

"Nah, dont be silly as long as you are ok with it."

He gives me a nod as I answer the phone.

"Morning Danny, is everything alright?"

"Yeah where are you?"

"What do you mean? You know I'm in Encino for my reunion."

"Ah right so your still there then, when you coming back?"

"Monday evening, unsure of the time as I dont know how long its gonna take for us to get back. Are you at home now then?"

"Yeah I just got back this morning, that's cool then. When did you tell my parents that you were gonna get Leo."

"Well I said I'll let them know, as it depended on what time I got back on Monday, if it was too late i was just gonna grab him on Tuesday morning, but now your home you can get him and you know spend some father son alone time" I say kinda sarcastically.