This is Halloween

October 1984

So its finally Halloween and I'm nervous and excited in equal measure. Me and Emily are getting ready at her house, and putting the final touches to our costumes we have decided to go as Columbia and Magenta from the Rocky Horror Picture show, which happens to be our favourite movie and one we always try to go see at the midnight show. After Emily finishes off my makeup and adjusts my wig for me I go into the bathroom to put on my maids costume and fishnets. 

"Shit Emily, this is a bad idea I cant walk into school looking like this" I say as I walk back into the room

"Holy hell your tits look amazing in that, Dutch is gonna cream his pants just looking at you"

"Oh no, no that's it I'm changing, its just inappropriate and I feel so uncomfortable."

"Dont you dare take that off, Look it's our halloween senior dance, we can finally be who we want to be who cares what anyone else says or thinks" she stands up in her cute little costume adjusting her little red wig and adding her top hat to finish off her look.

She stands next to me in the full length mirror "Look at us we both look hot, this is our night Ness, let's go to the dance, have fun, drink spiked punch, dance with our friends and grope our hot dates on the dancefloor" 

She made me laugh alot I just felt insecure and on show I usually only wear baggy clothes, and now you can clearly see my cleavage, tiny waist and long thin legs.

I can see Emily smirking at me "you are so going to struggle to keep your V plates tonight honey, I'm surprised if you and Dutch even make it into the dance"

"Dont say that, im already panicking about what's going to happen after the dance and this dress certainly is not helping the situation."

"Girls, your dates are here"  Emily's mom shouts up the stairs. Emily's parents are really cool and easy going literally the complete opposite in every way to my parents.

"Right Ness, are you ready? No backing out now" she says as she passes me my overnight bag to take downstairs with me. I take a deep breath and go to follow her to see the boys.

As we walk down the stairs the boys are standing there practically with their jaws on the floor. The boys look so cool in their matching skeleton costumes and face paint. Dutchs costume is just accentuating his broad shoulders and stocky figure and I have to stop myself from drooling.

"Wow girls, you look amazing" says Bobby

Dutch greets me with a big hug, and whispers in my ear "Can we just skip the dance and head straight to mine"

I smile at him and say "You really do look amazing Babe" but he has this odd look on his face "whats wrong? Why are you looking at me like that" I ask inquisitively

"Oh nothing just that I can feel that there is gonna be trouble tonight because if anyone looks at you, I will seriously lose my shit" and im sorry but I just find that so hot.

He puts my stuff in the boot of his car and the four of us head off to the dance, singing along to some tunes in the car on the way, we are all in such great spirits as we arrive.

When we get into the dance Dutch and Bobby go off to find the other Cobras and promise to find us with some drinks in a bit.

We head over to Susan, Barbara and Ali on the dancefloor. They tell us how great we look and that they didn't even recognise me. Ali pulls me to the side and asks if we are ok as we haven't really spoken much since me and Dutch went official. I tell her we are totally fine, I know she doesn't like him but that doesn't mean that we should have an issue with each other.

"Look Vanessa, I will just say one last thing to you and then I wont bring up anything to you about him again, well as long as he behaves himself that is. I know that you and Emily are dating two of the Cobras now but I still think you need to understand what your getting into. No matter how important you think you are to them Cobra Kai will always be more important and they will always just follow Johnny blindly like his little obident little henchmen. The fight will always be more important to them sadly"

I tell her I will take what she said on board, and give her a hug just so she knows there are no hard feelings between us.

All of a sudden she starts laughing, as she points at the shower that has just walked into the dance she claims to know that it Daniel and walks off to see him. Barbara states that she doesn't see what Ali sees in him and Susan makes us all laughing by saying that she must be into fungus. I have to agree I dont know how she can knock my taste in men at all.

They are dancing close by so i walk off to see where Dutch is with my drink as I dont really want to be around Daniel as I know there is still an issue  with him so dont want to set Dutch off especially as we we are all in such a good mood.

Dutch sees me and hands me and Emily our drinks and wow they are strong so the punch has clearly been spiked already.  We all have a good time having a little dance together, even Johnny appears to be in good spirits tonight and is joining in with our little dance circle. 

A slow song comes on and Dutch pulls me in close to him, and I see Bobby doing the same with Emily. He feels nice, and he whispers in my ear that he cant wait to go home and just be alone with me later and that I need to promise to keep this outfit on all night, and I'm so glad it's dark in here so he cant see me blush.

Johnny signals something to Dutch and heads to the toilets two guesses what he is up to. After our slow dance finishes he tells me that they are just gonna go outside with Johnny for a bit, so we head back over to the girls.

We are dancing and having a laugh when we hear a huge commotion and shouting coming from the toilet area. I see Daniel the shower come running out and I have a bad feeling about this. Daniel shouts "it's coming around" to Ali as he runs past and hands her his shower head, I look at her confused. Then I see Johnny and the Cobras come running out after him shouting and screaming, Ali trips them up and they all go flying on to the floor landing in a heap, I shoot her a what the fuck look and she just shrugs at me.

I run over to Dutch to help him up and he shoves me off him so hard that I end up stumbling backwards trying to catch my balance, Emily catches me in time, I steady myself and chase after him as he runs to the door of the gym, I grab him by his arm.

"Dutch, what the fuck, just let him go, its Johnny's battle not yours"

"Get the fuck of me Vanessa, just go back inside this doesn't fucking concern you" he pushes my hands off him and takes off after Johnny, yep Ali was right follows Johnny fuckin Lawrence blindly.

Emily comes rushing out after me, really confused by what's going on as I'm fighting back the tears. I tell her I'm going home, she begs me to stay, but I just cant I'm way too upset and pissed off at that dick for embarrassing me and shouting at me in front of everyone. Plus I cant go back inside and face Ali, she was right all along I am an idiot.

" Vanessa, i cant let you walk home alone, especially looking like that let's just go back inside, calm down and wait for the boys to get back please."

"I cant honey, i really just want to be alone right now" I tell her, i will call her later to let her know that i got home safe and just walk off to clear my head, trying not to think about what them five would do to that poor boy once they finally caught up with him.