A Fresh Start?

I didnt get very far, I had to keep stopping as my back was seizing up from driving and from where that dickhead had given me the boot. I had to keep stopping and starting luckily Leo slept through all this. I finally arrived at a motel with vacancies at around 3am in Utah.

I called Dutch and told him where we would be and gave him the motel address and room number. He said they were driving quite fast so making good time.

"Leo sweetie, time to wake up" I gently stir my little boy from the backseat I need him awake as I cant carry him as my back is fucked.

"Mama where are we?"

"I told you sweetie, we are having a little holiday, we are gonna stay in this motel for the night and then mommys friends from California are going to come and take us home with them."

"Is Daddy coming with us?"

"No honey, this will be a fun trip just for me and you, we will go to the beach, play in swimming pools, see some of mommys friends and if you like it there we could stay a little longer." I say as I steer his sleepy swaying body into our room.

I put him into one of the beds, kiss him on the head and watch him drift off to sleep. I can finally relax knowing there is some distance between me and that bastard, I'm safe and Dutch and Johnny will be here in a few hours to take me home.

I must have been in a deep sleep as I finally stir as my phone just stops ringing. I grab the phone and can see its 8am and I have 3 missed calls from Dutch and 2 missed calls from Danny.

Leo is still fast asleep on the bed next to me. I pick up the phone and call Dutch back.

"Hey, I'm so sorry I must have been in a deep sleep, where are you guys."

"We are here now, I was calling you to say we are close but me and Johnny are just checking into the motel, we will be two doors down from you, I didn't want to just knock on the door and scare the two of you."

"That's fine, he is still fast asleep, so I'll come and meet you outside my door."

I hang up, check myself in the mirror, yep I look proper scary, I try to quickly fix my hair, brush my teeth and swill my face but I still look terrible from crying all night, lack of sleep and one side of my face is red and swollen. Ah well nothing I can do about that now, it's the best I'm gonna look, so I head outside to greet my little saviours.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him" Dutch says as he sees my face and the way I'm moving gingerly towards him.

I just hold him and break down "Thank you, thank you so much for coming to get us, both of you" I say towards Johnny.

He comes over and pulls me in for a hug too "No problem, we are here for you, that bastard needs to pay for that" he says pointing at my face "that shit is not right, no man should do that."

"He just found out I was cheating on him, leaving him and taking our son, I dont know how I expected him to react."

"No, dont do that, you dont deserve this, shit if you had of told me he could be violent I would have come back with you, to protect you." Dutch then pulls me in for a sweet soft kiss.

"He is a dick, but I could never have predicted that he would react this way at all, no one could." I smile at him reassuringly.