Life After Dutch

After we split up I went into a deep depression, Ali helped me through it. Ali even called Emily in to stay with us for a bit and help sort me out as I couldn't eat and barely got out of bed. I guess they were worried that I was going to throw away my education and not graduate.

I started getting counselling at college which helped me deal with the loss of my son, the breakup and my parent trauma it really helped and I started to feel a bit better I think its true that time is a great healer.

I never dated anyone else while at college, I just concentrated on passing all my classes and graduating.

Me and Ali graduated together and when she got a job offer in Denver as a paediatric doctor and said that there was an opening for a Doctor in the emergency department there I didn't hesitate to follow her. What else was I going to I had no family to return too and nothing left for me in Encino.

I had been working at the Denver hospital for 2 weeks when I met Danny. I went to treat him as he had come off his bike and had a suspected broken wrist. He had dark brooding looks and smelt of engine oil what can I say I clearly have a type. It was only in time that I saw what a pale imitation of Dutch he was.

We were not some great love story I totally settled we both did. But I dont feel sorry for Danny at all, we were good at first then after we had Leo he totally changed. He became mean and came home smelling of booze and other woman. He has had many woman to my knowledge he used to hide it at first but now the guy is so blatant it's scary. Receipts from hotels and restaurants scattered around the house daring me to challenge him, which after a while I couldn't be bothered to do.

He knows I dont give a shit about him. I lost all respect for him when he came home, and had sex with me and he smelt like another woman and I just knew I wasn't the first woman he had sex with that night. 

I dont know why we stayed together I suppose I loved his parents and I didn't have no where else to go with our son and he stayed as the house was just a base and security for him when he was home from work.

We made each other miserable but what else could we do, but now I was just counting down the days till the reunion I dont know what i was expecting to happen but I didn't care I just needed to be in the presence of Dutch again and maybe have some joy in my miserable life.