43. Love Me Harder

It's two weeks before the boys' concert in Riyadh. They have asked me several times whether I want to come with them or not. I thought it was a bad idea considering I might reveal myself and end up making another mess. So I said no. They were bummed at first but got over it eventually.

This afternoon, I went to the company for a meeting with Yuri. After that, I took a peek to the boys' rehearsal in the studio. As usual, I mingle with the girls although there's something different with the way they stare at me. I'm not sure what it is but when I ask Haru, she said nothing is wrong. Weird. I had a feeling it has something to do with them knowing something, but I stayed quiet.

I always brought snacks for everybody, the rest of the staffs appreciates this and I think I ended up befriended them. They always greet me and talk to me whenever I swing by.

It has been too a routine that Ayeong would swing by to see Jake. Giving me a glare once in a while is something that I'm used to. I just shrug it off, not taking the bait. I noticed the staffs aren't very fond of her too judging from their looks. Ayeong never greets them, she just think of them as a staff and nothing more. Even the boys always give a half-hearted smile every time she's around. She doesn't do anything annoying, but she is an absolute mood killer.

While I seriously thinks she needs some attitude makeover, I'm confused of why such rookie idol like her could have so much spare time for things like this. Shouldn't she be busy and focus on her career instead? And I just can't see why Jake is still with her. Not that he should be with me, it's just that he deserve way better as I mentioned it thousands time in my head.

I'm in the bathroom, washing my hands when she came in to retouch her makeup. I don't even bother saying hi considering our last conversation. I quickly dry my hands and walk away before she decided to say something to me.

"I'm coming to Riyadh to watch their concert. I wanna be there for Jake."

I stopped for a second and turn around.

"Oh, good for you then." Says me, expressionless.

"Are you coming?" She glance at me through the mirror while applying her lip tint.

I don't know what's gotten over me, but her tone sounds so disrespectful and it pisses me off. Imagining her acting like she owns Jake really makes me sick. I don't know if it's jealousy or not, but my territorial side saying that I should protect Jake and others. Without thinking it through, I answer her question.

"Yes, I am." I casually says. She furrows her brow before she scoffs.

"But what would you be doing there? You have to work for the project."

"Well, having fun? My work has day off too, you know. The boys invited me because they thought it would be fun and it's nice for me to have a short getaway." I paused. "I'm surprised Jake didn't tell you. Nonetheless, see you around!"

She just scoffs, I pat her shoulder and leave with a smirk. Fuck, what did I got myself into?

.

.

"I'm thinking that maybe it's a good idea to fly to Riyadh with you guys after all." Says me. We're having a dinner together at my place. The boys have finished rehearsal earlier than it used to. They all turn to me, surprised.

"Oh, what made you changed your mind?" Hosung who sits across me asks.

"Well, I guess it'll be easier to fly to London from Riyadh than from here.. so it's like transit. But I'm not sure if I still can, considering the visa, tickets and everything. I'm just saying that it was a good idea, I should've said yes before."