54. Vague

The boys booked us a space at a vintage bar called Cahoots. It's a 1940s-themed bar located in the heart of London's Soho. Set inside an abandoned train station, the scoundrels of this station-speakeasy serve up spiffing cocktails and live swinging entertainment everyday.

I don't know where they got the idea of it, but the boys insist on taking me out on a date tonight. I told them I'm totally fine with staying in, watching movies or having a homemade dinner but they insist on taking me out tonight to a place where we have to dressed up in 40's.

As much as I wanna play it safe and avoid being on the public, I couldn't help but wanting them to have fun like normal people. I want them to be like normal guys in their 20s having a good time. And if this is what they want then who am I to say no? And maybe it's different here. Even if some people might recognize them, we're not in Seoul. And although it's a public space, the boys booked a private space for us.

So here I am, in my room wearing the only vintage dress I have. It's a plain navy sailor dress that falls to my knees. It matches perfectly well the pearl earrings Taeyong bought me. I style my hair to a classic Hollywood waves and put on my favorite vintage red lipstick.

"I hope this is enough

"I hope this is enough.." I said to myself.

My phone rings to a text from the boys that said they're here, in front of my house. With that I spray a bit of perfume around my neck and wrist before I leave the house.

At first, I thought they'll pick me up using a normal SUV car, but no. In front of my house, a black limo awaits. The one like what I saw in movies. I hesitatingly walk towards it as few people in my neighborhood stares at me.

"Out for a party, are you?" Ask the elder woman next door.

"Oh, I think so.." I sheepishly answer.

"I see the vintage are back in.. you look great!"

"Thank you!" Says me as the woman waves her hand to me to say goodbye.

"Hey, Silver!" Yells out a young man who's popping out his head from the window.

"Jake? Is that you?" I blink twice to make sure it's him. He looks so differently handsome that I could have a heart attack.

"What do you mean? of course it's me! Come on!" Says him as he move his head back inside. I can see others through the window then.

"Uh, do I look okay?" I sense that I might be a bit underdressed after seeing Jake's appearance.

They grin and give thumbs up, "Okay? You look gorgeous, Silver! Get in here already!" Nick responds. I chuckle and make my way to the car.

I've never took a ride on a limo before. It's so fancy and spacious. The boys sit around filling the space and I don't even have to squish myself in. The driver, whom I don't recognize even opened the door for me and bowed. As if I'm a princess or something. And as far as I know, this is not their style. Being glamorous in their daily life is definitely not their style and I wonder why they got this behavior right now.