Wangji

Wei Wuxian's POV:

"So you're saying that Chenqing is the key?" I repeat for my own clarification and Eli nods, "Yup!"

"What are we waiting for then? Let's leave. If Lan Zhan is with Xie Lian, then I need to meet him as soon as possible. Xiao Zhan, you have my Chenqing with you?"

"Yes."

"Kindly bring it here."

"Wang Yibo, pack a bag for you all and..." giving him a smile I continue, "One bag for me too?" With a pat to my back he leaves. Turning to Seiji I ask, "Why don't you come along with us?"

Shaking his head he states, "I can't. Oreo is here. Plus, with Yibo not being here someone has to take care of Red. You all go and you especially go get your husband. Very few of us get an opportunity to be with our loved ones. Lan Wangji is a lucky man, Wei Wuxian."

"Why?" I am perplexed by his statement.

"Because you returned twice to him." I smile sadly at Seiji's deduction, "That's where you're wrong Seiji. I shouldn't have left him in the first place." Before either of us could continue, Eli walks up to Seiji and kisses his cheek.

What?

Ahem.

Turning away quickly I give them their privacy and walk around Xiao Zhan's house. So many memories. Too many to count.

"We're ready." Xiao Zhan gestures me to join them and as he hands me Chenqing I take a step back. "I no longer posses any powers in me to play Chenqing. A part of my soul is inside you. Xiao Zhan, play your Chenqing."

Forming a circle, we each bid Seiji a warm farewel. Taking a deep breath Xiao Zhan places my flute under his lips and moment he plays the first note, a portal opens and we are sucked into a vortex.

 Taking a deep breath Xiao Zhan places my flute under his lips and moment he plays the first note, a portal opens and we are sucked into a vortex

"Xie Lian! Where is Lan Zhan?" Barging into Hua Cheng's mansion my eyes seek a calm Xie Lian who seems to be expecting our arrival.

"He's safe and here in this manor." His calm eyes try to soothe my pain but it's all in vain.

"What are you insinuating, Your Highness? Lan Zhan, my Lan Zhan is here?" Disbelief is evident in my voice and his eyes are heavy with anguish.

"Yes. He is. On the day of Akio's transfusion, Lan Wangji made a request, for if anything were to happen to his Wei Ying, he would give up his own life, but knowing the pain of losing a dear one he didn't wish for you to live through that agony. So he asked me to save him if there comes a time when he would choose to sacrifice himself than you. I saved him Wei Wuxian but -"

"But what?" Almost out of my wits I bite out.

"He isn't the Lan Zhan you married, for when I saved him, only a part of his soul could be saved and when we brought him here, he turned back to his 10 year old self. One more thing..."