Winter

Xie Lian's POV:

Opening my eyes I find myself in a world that belonged to neither beings. Even as God, I am astonished by the sublime environment around me. One could say I was in some kind of transcendence and by my side was Jun Wu.

"XianLe."

The corners of my lips lift when I watch his face. The mask from before had completely fallen off and even though it was just half a mask that covered his face, it is now that I could get a complete view. This face belonged to the Jun Wu we all knew. Calm, composed and serene.

"Where are we?" I enquire as he moves around me and takes a deep breath.

"Isn't it strange that even after 2000 years of living, I have never truly lived. Does that make sense XianLe?" His question is a rhetorical and didn't require an answer from me. All I did was watch the hues of pink around me turn into dark beautiful magenta and gold.

"There are so many things I wish to say, to explain, to make you understand, but above all I just wished to say sorry." Chuckling sadly at those words he poses another question, "A lot of time has passed by for that sorry to be effective. Isn't that right? Unable to comprehend that I am at such a mode of life where even my apologise don't mean a thing, trying to redeem my past was the only viable option." Turning towards me he smiles, "You've grown a lot. From that arrogant boy at the bridge to a man who bears the scars of this world and yet won every single adversity. I am proud of you."

Somewhere his words were healing my broken heart too.

"They're fine XianLe. So are you. The soul transfusion is complete. All of them will live. I did my part, but how they would manage is now their story."

"Thank you." Staring at his pale eyes I wonder, was all that feud and hurt in past even necessary?

"You weren't expecting me to help, isn't that right XianLe? You were... doubtful."

"To be honest, yes. I didn't expect but I knew one thing for sure."

"What is that?"

"That you won't ever deny my request. You have never denied it in the past." At my statement he laughs merrily, "Yes your quite right. Never have I denied you. You... were never meant to be denied, XianLe. Afterall, I saw me in you. My other half."

"Jun Wu-"

"It's all in the past. I can't ask you to forget nor forgive me. For whatever we shared, I truly did adore you like me very own, however misplaced that affection was. I am in better place XianLe, thank you. You gave me that one chance of redemption." Turning away with a far off look he smiles serenely, "Take care of Guoshi for me. He has lived a long long life, XianLe. He has seen much more than his shoulders can bear. Tell him I am finally going to a better place."

Turning back to look at me for one last time, with a small bow he starts disappearing and even though for all that heartache he caused I still couldn't come to hate him. His soul disperses slowly and in place a white flower falls at my feet.

Picking up the white flower I bow back and seconds later a gentle breeze lifts it up in air and I watch the white flower dance peacefully.

Farewell Jun Wu.

Body in abyss, Heart in paradise.

"Gege!!!"

I hear my name being called and knew it was time to go back. Closing my eyes I take a deep breath, only to open them and find familiar Crimson orbs peering back at mine.