Elements

~In continuation from chapter 'Reproach'~

Hua Cheng's POV:

"Who do you want me to save?" Taking a sip from his glass He Xuan enquires.

"A human called Wang Akio." At my words his eyes widens and leans across the table, "Akio? Boss's brother?"

I nod.

Listening to the soft music that is playing in the background, this setting seems to be one that would look like two friends meeting after a very long time, it's indeed been quite a while since we've met, but right at this very moment looking at his dumbfounded expression makes me smile. 

Taking another gulp he continues, "Akio is such a sweet kid. We have interacted whenever boss invited us to watch his races. Wow! I can't believe that kid's life is in danger."

Silence surrounds us save for music playing in the background when his eyes perks up and questions, "Wait! How did you travel to this realm?"

"That's my question for you too." I point out and he nods, "Agreed, but first you answer."

With a sigh I explain to him how Wei Wuxian opened a portal and his plan to save Wang Akio.

"Wait. Wait. Wait."

"What?"

"Are you talking about Wei Wuxian aka The Yiling Patriarch?" His words astonish me. How is He Xuan aware of Wei Wuxian? "Yeah. You know him?"

With an enthusiastic nod he explains, "Hua Cheng, who doesn't know The Yiling Patriarch. Wow, so you're not only married to a God, but you also have friends in high and right places." With a smirk he pushes away from the table to rest his back casually against the seat. "I haven't ever met Wei Wuxian if that's what you're contemplating, but he is revered and widely known for his instrument. You might have heard about it!"

"Chenqing."

His face transforms into a huge grin, "Bingo, Chenqing."

"What's so special about that instrument?" I ask and taking another sip he continues, "It's not ordinary. As you're aware that many instruments are cultivated, right? But not this one.

"Chenqing is not a cultivated instrument. It is an instrument that has a soul of its own. Wei Wuxian's soul. That man transferred a part of his soul into Chenqing."

What?

His words reminded me of Wei Wuxian's request from few days ago. 'I need you to find a part of my soul left in the netherworld.'

How many part of yourselves have you left behind, Wei Wuxian?

"Yup. Well anyway that's what I have heard and he's known widely to have a spiritual tool. So when can I meet him?"

"Tomorrow, but only if you decide to help us. Now tell me how did you travel to this realm?" Before he could answer, Xiao Zhan taps my shoulder, "Ready to leave?"

"Hey, Mr. Xiao!" He Xuan greets and Xiao Zhan nods respectfully, "Eli, how are you?" Though his gaze sways between us he does not question the fact of our interaction.

Nice. I like people who don't seem too inquisitive in others matter. No wonder Wei Wuxian befriended him.

"Good. Good. Are you leaving?" At He Xuan's question Xiao Zhan nods and I turn back to look at the man sitting in front of me and whisper only for his ears, "I need your help."