Birthday

Lan Zhan's POV:

"Wei Ge?" Knocking at the door of his bed chamber I find him looking outside the window with solemn gaze, "Can I come in?"

Turning towards me his mood changes immediately and he welcomes me with a grin, "Ah Zhan! Come on in."

I need to confess my truth.

"Wei Ge..." and even though I wish to tell him everything, for some reason my heart is scared.

"Are you alright Ah Zhan? Is something bothering you?" His question is filled with concern and it pains me further to keep the truth away from him.

"Wei Ge..." This has never happened to me before. This is your Wei Ying, Lan Wangji. Your husband! Why are you stalling? Taking a deep breath I speak up, "Care to take a walk with me?" and in the end I fail miserably.

"Sure!" Caressing my hair he walks ahead and I follow him. Smiling inwardly at the thought that something's never change. He taking charge and me following his every footsteps.

Walking away from Ghost Town, we come across an open expanse around wide mountainous range where there is a lone tree and a swing tethered to it. "Does Ah Zhan wish to sit on that swing? Your Wei Ge will push you."

My little heart skips a beat. Gazing into Wei Ying's eyes, this... feels so different. What am I feeling at this moment?

Nodding shyly I take a seat and he gently places a hand on middle of my back and gives the swing a light push. With each momentum my heart flutters a little more.

"Are you alright there Ah Zhan? You're awfully quiet today!" Wei Ying observes and I continue to keep my silence for fearing that what I confess would make him hate me.

Tranquility engulfs us as we watch early morning sun kiss the sky and Wei Ying sighs behind me, "Lan Zhan loves early morning sun. I once asked him why he gets up so darn early. Can you guess what he said?"

To greet each morning is me thanking my fate that you're beside me every single day.

"My Lan Zhan said, to greet each morning is me thanking my fate that you're beside me every single day. Such a romantic heart he has. I miss him." His sigh breaks my heart and I hop down from the swing.

"Ah Zhan-"

"Wei Ge," I quickly turn to look at him and the only thing between us is the swing. "There is something you must know!"

He looks at me patiently and without much delay I finally blurt out, "Wei Ying!"

His gaze catches me with surprise. Ones that were neutral before instantly became calm and wise. He knew! He isn't surprised! He knew!

"You knew?" My voice is a whisper and his smile is one that I am accustomed to. His reserved smile for me. Only me.

"Yes." His confession shocks me and I ask out of despair, "How? When?"

"It is you who rather gave yourself away." At his comment I look back blankly at him and he continues with a chuckle, "Remember during our walk around Ghost Town when your little feet halted at a souvenir shop?"

I nod.

"It was when your longing gaze landed on the Red Ribbon, my soul immediately recognised yours. I knew you hadn't lost your memories. To test you further, I made a comment that 'I never gifted Lan Zhan a red ribbon', the instant change in your eyes spoke to me and my soul knew that you're my Lan Zhan. Mine." Making his way towards me, he crouches and places his palm gently on my cheeks, "There was one more deed of yours that completely gave you away!"