Kids

Lan Zhan's POV:

"Lan Zhan."

"Wei?" Squinting my eyes open I smile when my gaze falls on Wei Ying.

"Of course! Who else were you expecting to be sharing your bed Lan Zhan?" His grin is infectious and instantly I pin him below me and growl "Where did you go? You suddenly disappeared from our lives, Wei!"

Cupping my face gently he pulls me down for a kiss "I was always here my Lan Zhan," placing a palm on my heart his eyes glitter with unsaid emotions "I am always here. With you. Beside you. This Wei is your shadow. No one can separate us, my love."

"Wei" my breathing shudders as his warmth cocoons me.

"I love you. Only you. Just wait a little longer my love. I'll be back soon." His lips seeks mine in urgency and mine reciprocate with same fervour.

Somewhere in this house a phone rings and I open my eyes.

It was a beautiful dream.

Wiping the lone tear from my left eye I turn to look at the vacant space next to me "I'll wait. I will always wait for you. Come back to me with a promise to never leave your Lan Zhan again." With a sigh I leave the cold bed behind. Without Wei, life is an empty shell.

I love you too.

Walking into the living room I amble my way towards the open balcony where the curtains were softly dancing to the tunes of light morning breeze

Walking into the living room I amble my way towards the open balcony where the curtains were softly dancing to the tunes of light morning breeze. Melancholy fills this heart as I reminice my dream. It felt so real, but before I could ponder over them a small fist taps my thigh.

It's Seiji's child.

"Princess," her grin is carefree "I'm hungry."

"Where's your father?" I enquire as Seiji wasn't around.

"He's sleeping." raising her two small arms up in the air she jumps in front of me and wails "Pick me up! Pick me up!"

What? Swallowing my words I fervently pray for someone to walk in and deal with this child. Taking care of Sizhui was never a problem, if he cried too much, often I'd place him inside the pen with Wei's rabbits. How should I deal with this child? Do they have rabbit pen here too?

"Princess!" The kid yells "Pick me!"

Glaring at her I admonish "My name is Wangji. Either call me Hanguang-Jun or Wangji."

"Ha... Ha... Han..." with a huff she pouts "Why do you have such difficult names? Wa.. Han... Siz.." with a small shake of her head she point a finger at me "Why can't you have simple names like Seiji, Yibo, Akio or Zhan?"

Stifling a laugh inwardly, I acquiesce, the kid does make a valid point, but nonetheless I still insist "Call me Uncle then." Being her stubborn self, I never remotely expected the kid to act in such a manner where she climbs onto a couch in front of me and from there she... jumps onto my body and I had no choice but to catch her fall. What?