Orchard

Wang Yibo's POV:

Can he hear my heart thundering at this very moment? Am I even breathing? Is my breath stinking? Why am I thinking of oral hygiene? Yes, shouldn't I be more concerned about body odour? Damn, I hope I'm not stinking.

Wait! Did he just tear my singlet? Oh no...

"Xiao Zhan" I call out and his gaze meets mine. They're wide like frog eyes and I grin inwardly. This position is definitely awkward. Him below me and me above Xiao Zhan. Not a scenario that I ever dreamt off. His fingers curl around my torn strap and that single movement brings me even closer to his face.

Oh my!

I was about to call his name once again when another young soul barges in and the next moment we hear Akio scream. Fuck!

"What's happening here?" His eyes swing from mine to Xiao Zhan and soon his face transforms into a grin as he points out and teases us "Brother and Zhan Zhan sleeping on the floor, kiss...ing!!!"

I groan they don't even rhyme and as for Xiao Zhan, he pushes me away roughly whilst jumping onto his feet and dusting away the non existent dust. As for me, my poor back hits the floor and I wince. Glaring at the man who had the audacity to tear my singlet with no amount of care, I slowly get up only to see Seiji joining our small bandwagon and grinning at the sight of us.

As I stand my strap falls down, exposing my pectoral for everyone to view. Quickly covering them up, with a bow I leave the gym without once glancing back at the man who is so very cold. Brrrr...

Bath. Food. Alone time. This is what I need.

Whoever said a good relaxing bath can rejuvenate a soul, they weren't lying

Whoever said a good relaxing bath can rejuvenate a soul, they weren't lying. Bath salts, bubbles and sandalwood makes Wang Yibo a calm man. Walking into the kitchen my steps halt when I find Xiao Zhan there. Great. Not wishing to confront him, I try to sneak out when he calls my name "Did you need something Yibo?"

With a sigh I turn around "Came here to just make some tea. I'll come back later." Before he could answer, I walk away to the other end of his residency. Xiao Zhan is a man who loves nature and by the expanse of his garden, one would not dare refute. It's more Orchard than a garden. At times during monsoon, you can expect various species of animals roaming around undisturbed. This place is a piece of heaven for Akio too, and when Xiao Zhan got to know that Lil'Akio has a penchant for greenary, he helped Akio to convert this place for his liking. Often both of them would hike these trails and when now when I think back to Xiao Zhan's love for Akio, it tugs my heart.

Why does it hurt so much?

"Maybe" I hear a warm baritone voice "because it matters, that why?" I look up from where I was resting on the porch against the banister to find Wangji walking towards me, holding a tray with two cups and a kettle. Placing it gently on the patio, he takes a seat in front of me and leans against the neighbouring banister facing me. Under his wise pale eyes, I grin and pour the contents of the kettle into both the cups. It takes me by surprise to see there was tea in it.