Tea

~Few months ago~

(Conversation between Wei Wuxian and Xiao Zhan)

"Bunny?" Wei grins as I glare at his nickname for me. "Don't look at me like that, when my husband's admonishment does not work on me, yours are like an infants gaze. Won't work on me at all."

"Well then, when you love your husband so much," I huff and place a cup of tea in front of him "Why do you keep touring around all these different dimensions?"

Shrugging his shoulders casually, he takes a sip and cringes "This drink reminds me of Gusu. Why do you all keep trying to sabotage my palette. Don't you have that chocolate drink you offered me last time?"

Laughing at his antics, I replace the tea with Chocolate Milk. "That's Yibo's favourite drink. Don't be too hard on it." Raising his eyebrows he nods "Perfect. When Lan Zhan arrives, don't forget to give him this. He loves such bitter drinks."

My mood sobers up and I enquire "How long would you stay here this time?" We have been keeping a tab on the number of his visits here and plus the duration too. Until now, Wei Wuxian has visited me around 5 times and the last duration was for half a day.

"I have no clues" he on the other hand didn't show any slightest possibility of concern.

"How many dimension have you visited until now?" I probe and peering into my eyes he raises two fingers. "Two dimensions?" I ask to make it clear and he nods "One this and other one is somewhere else." He winks without giving me a clear answer. We also found out that half a day in this universe was half an hour in his timeline.

"Wei Wuxian-" I was about to chide him when his gaze turns serious and so does his voice "Bunny, I need you to take good care of my Lan Zhan. He has suffered enough because of me. I don't wish to trouble him further," with a pause he continues "promise me that you'd take good care of him. Let him not get too lonely and do keep assuring him that I'll be back soon."

"Wei Wuxian," my voice sounds exasperated even to my own ears "if you're this concerned for your husband, then why are you leaving him and traveling to who knows where?"

"I need to do this. This has to be done. There is someone I promised not long ago that when needed, they can summon me and I'll be there to help." Swirling the cup he drinks his chocolate milk and grins with extreme happiness "I need to take a box full of this drink back with me to Gusu and maybe share it with our boys, or if they're too rowdy then I'll drink this all by myself."

"Wei Wu-"

"Bunny, please promise me that you'll take care of my Lan Zhan?" His voice sounds so  desperate and I agree. We share the drink and soon he vanishes away.

This time he stayed for almost half a day. For the sake of your husband I hope you know what your doing Wei Wuxian.