A Promise

To the most awaited chapter!

|Few Days Ago|

Wei Ying's POV:

"You love him." This wasn't a question from me nor a conviction, but one could consider it as a mere statement.

"I do." The smile on his face hides the pain and longingness of his heart. How did I know? Years ago I too once bore the same anguish as him. We are indeed two kings who fell in love with two souls just born for us.

I, a Diabolical King, Wei Wuxian aka The Yiling Patriarch found my soulmate in Lan Zhan, my Angel, and the one in front of me is the Ghost King Supreme himself, Hua Cheng, who lived and died to be with his Dianxia, the Immortal God, Xie Lian.

Now the question of utmost importance is how did a Diabolical King meet the Ghost King Supreme?

If not for Hua Cheng saving me all those years ago, Lan Zhan's Wei Ying wouldn't have survived the fall in Nightless City. To explain my past with Hua Cheng, I need to tell you all a story.

I wasn't always the so called Diabolical King

I wasn't always the so called Diabolical King. I, like any other being was a mere human, with abilities that was endless. I was known to be a boy with bright future. I too once had a family, was loved immensely, was taught to stand by what is right and protect the weak. Maybe I thought of myself to be indestructible and omnipresent, until that one night, where my own deeds drove me to insanity.

That night I lost my sister, my brother, my friend and my new family. Everyone dear to me were killed because I chose a path that was unheard off, a path considered to be a taboo. A path that would change one's heart and temperament.

I chose the path of diabolical cultivation.

That night, every single Clan planned a siege against me, to overthrow me, to over power my reign. To kill me in an instant. Unable to bear the pain in my heart, this Wei Wuxian, took that one ultimate step. From the cliff of Nightless City, unable to process the in-depth pain in my soul, I jumped and hoped for oblivion.

Everyone despised me, hated me, loathed me, save one. Him. My Lan Zhan. Hanging by the thread of one last hope, he caught my hand as we both precariously dangled at the edge of the cliff and his eyes pleaded me to stay.

How could I?

What did I have?

My soul was too broken. I was at the end of my sanity, or so I thought. It was when I begged him to 'let go' of my hand or more so to let me wither away, he knew there was no turning back for me. Did he leave my hand? No. Until this very day I regret to have forced him see me at my lowest. It was I who pulled my hand away, for one, this soul was scared that Lan Zhan would fall from that very cliff along with me, without a second thought.