Life

~Few Hours Ago~

~In continuation from last chapter~

Xiao Zhan's POV:

"Good Morning." Kissing Dai Tou's forehead I smile at his mewl. It's been few days since we started sharing same bed. Obviously he nor I have done anything more other than cuddling and sleeping under a same blanket. At this moment we're just two souls healing together and individually. I know what Dai Tou means to me and when he's ready, I'll be waiting for him to accept me wholly into his life.

Leaving him behind I walk into my bathroom and refresh myself, mentally charting a plan for Oreo's birthday today. It was all Seiji's idea to celebrate her birthday here, to make her more comfortable even without Akio's presence.

Looking at the mirror in front of me, I gaze at the reflection of myself as his memories assualt me. Life without him is so different. Last year he had dressed up as Elsa to cheer Oreo because she was missing Aria. That boy knew how to bring happiness in everyone's world.

I hope you and Sizhui are happy, Akio.

Walking out of the bathroom I find Dai Tou still asleep. Letting him enjoy his slumber I make my way towards living room and smile at the sheer amount of decorations they have used. Dai Tou and Seiji were up all night planning and preparing for the party.

With a sigh I start putting things together for our breakfast and simultaneously making necessary phone calls. With Eli not around it became my duty to take care of Red and help Seiji when Dai Tou was under the weather.

"Good Morning Mr. Han, this is Xiao Zhan. Just a confirmation call regarding the magician." Listening to him I nod, "Yes. So he'll be here by 5pm? Ok great. Thank you."
Just as I finish my phone rings again, "Xiao Zhan here."

"Sir, this is from Kang and Del Co. Mr. Seiji had ordered a music system from us but had stated that there was certain issue. Could you give us the complaint number?"

"Sure. Could I keep you on hold?"

"Yes sir."

Where could he have kept it? I realise last he was in back room. Trudging my way I walk into the room to rummage through drawers. On finding the requisite slip I recite the numbers printed on it.

"Thank you sir. We'll contact you shortly." Pocketing my phone I look around and sigh again. When was the last time we cleaned this room? Though neat it still could do better. As my eyes trace around, they land on a familiar box placed safely on top shelf.

Chenqing.

Reaching out, my fingers tremble as they caress Chenqing's body. Are you alright Wei Wuxian? Lan Wangji? Not long ago this house constantly heard Chenqing's music when Wei Wuxian was around. It was then I suddenly remembered an important piece of document that once I chanced upon after they left. Making my way to Lan Wangji's room, right on the table were those papers that were left untouched. On top is a name written, "WuJi."

It held music connotations.

Trailing my fingers through them I remember when we had often heard Lan Wangji play WuJi all those lonely nights when Wei Wuxian wasn't around. Unable to comprehend the sudden need within me, placing Chenqing below my lips and playing the first note, I close my eyes only for a second later to open my eyes when I hear a huge crash in my backyard and sprint towards the noise. By now Seiji and Dai Tou had also joined me, but what lay ahead none of our eyes could believe.

Wei Wuxian.