Stars

Akio's POV:

"You can't do this to me at my age, child!" Looking up at a dramatic GG in front of me, I cock my head to the side and raise my eyebrows at her, "What?"

Pointing to heaps of books in front of me she grins, "I am assuming your studying at this hour," turning to stare at the clock on wall, it was nearing midnight, she turns back to face me "and not reading po*n!"

At her insinuation I start laughing out loudly and shake my head, "Only you can think of such things at your age, GG. No, I am not being naughty for a change."

Patting my back she pulls a chair next to mine and peering onto my laptop screen, she reads the title of my thesis. "What is this child?"

Proudly presenting my work I boast, "If this thesis gets selected, then in next few months I will get an offer from Yale Law School. This is basically an understanding of society and a study to make environment safe and secure for children in LGBTQ community."

"Wow. This seems interesting."

"Yes, it is. I wish no child to have a past like mine and if they do, then an analysis to open Governments eyes to the plight of young ones in their own homes. A place which is supposed to a paradise but in reality it is far closer to hell. Maybe not hell, that seems a far more tolerant place."

"Child."

"Hm?"

Kissing the side of my head, GG gives me a warm hug, "I am so proud of you."

"GG?"

"Hm?"

"Won't you ask me to snap out of my dream and seek reality?"

"Why would I ask you to do that child?" Her question makes me smile sadly. "GG, for a soul whose life's bleek, is hallucinating of future so far. I am not even sure if I'd be alive until then -" she cuts me off with a hug and I sink into her warmth.

"Akio, you're a brave child my darling. What you've been through don't take that lightly. I have seen you fighting against all odds. Even if you're not going to sur..." GG's throat closes up, "Your work will. There will be someone to appreciate your thoughts and with me here, why do you have to worry? I will make sure your good postulation gets recognition."

"Thank you, GG." With a small grin I clean my nose on her shoulders and she pushes me away, "Ew!"

"What? You keep calling me child! Aren't kids supposed to behave that way?" I pout as she continues to wipe the spot with tissues and then throws them at me. Shocked, I stare at her and this time it is her turn to laugh.

"Bt the way, that kid, Sizhui?" With a grin she nudges my arm with her elbow, "Sweet. Good choice. He seems to have a positive impact on you."

"How did you figure out we're together?" Shouldn't have asked this question. GG knows everything.

"The way you look at Sizhui, it reminds me of Zhan and Bo. If they're in same room, you can catch one obvious soul looking at another oblivious one."

I laugh and agree with her choice of words.

"GG, do I really look at Sizhui with that much adoration?"

"Yes you do, and to be honest he isn't any less subtle."

"How does he look at me?" Oh I wanted to know.

"Like you're the star to whom he prays every night." At her emotive words my breath hitches. "He treasures you, child, and that is a fact. You can always learn about a person from how they look at their loved ones. Why do you think I approved of Seiji and my Aria's relationship? He revered her. Respected her. For him, she was his reason for existence.