Story

(A/n: Many of you would wonder it isn't like Lan Zhan to talk so much. Well he needs to tell Yibo their story. So here, he will be talking a lot.)

Wang Yibo's POV:

Wang Yibo's POV:

"So how did you know that Elder Patriarch was the same boy who caught your interest when you were just 5 years old?" I enquire and admire Wangji's persistence to feel for someone so long. 11 years isn't a joke and being unsure if you'd ever meet him again, this man right in front of me has forever gained my respect.

"This Red Ribbon has played an important role in bringing Wei into my life. If not for this, we'd have never met" absentmindedly he gently caresses the piece of satin inbetween his fingers.

"How?" This made me so inquisitive. How could he know that the owner of this Red Ribbon is the same boy from before?

"Yibo, remember I told you about how special our Golden Cores are?" I nod and he continues "Each one of us are blessed to cultivate and make our souls strong. I learnt to play the Zither, an instrument, right from my childhood. We are taught various things in Gusu, and one of them is to communicate with Spirits. I met one such special spirit who eventually became my sole friend in the entire realm, until Wei."

At his words my heart skips a beat. How can a stranger be so important to someone?

"Showing her his ribbon" he continues "she informed me that my Wei is safe and happy. Not long after we met, he was soon adopted by another Clan like ours called the Yunmeng Jiang Sect. He was happy and that made me happy."

"Wow. So you didn't want to go and meet him and tell him that you're the boy whom he met on the streets? Why did you wait for 11 years?" Questions barged from my mouth as his eyes lifted to meet mine which made me realise that maybe my questions were too intrusive. Calmly taking a sip from his cup he answers "I never asked her about his whereabouts. At that time, I wasn't aware that he was adopted by Yunmeng Sect Jiang, all I knew was that he's happy and living a healthy life. I just wished to know from her that he was safe and happy that's all."

What?

"This is infuriating. Why would you want to wait? If I were you, I'd probably barge into his place and claim my heart and just..." The corners of his lips lift slightly. He found my emotions funny and I sigh "Sorry. Please continue."

"To answer your question, I prefer solitude Yibo and as sure as I am now, back then I wasn't aware of my own heart. It was much later that my soul knew that he loves Wei. We're all different. Some prefer instant love and some can wait two lifetimes to finally confess their heart."

"You waited for two lifetimes? Why?" I ask and he nods "When we were 16, Wei came to Gusu as a guest disciple along with his adopted brother and sister to learn various cultivation techniqus, and it was then the kind spirit revealed that Wei and the boy who I met back then were same souls."