43 - A murder of Crows.

My breathing picked up. My heart was suddenly racing with the overwhelming thoughts, which were getting hard to process. It was like a cold bucket of water was being dumped on me. My whole life, forgotten life was flashing in front of me.

Memories, my memories everything finally started to make sense. Tears pooled in my eyes.

Caleb, my Caleb. He was with me all along but I couldn't see him or remember him. The ache I always had like someone was missing was about him. My love for him was the pull I felt whenever I was near Aiden. I picked myself up and with trembling feet, made my way towards his bedroom, upstairs.

With each step I took every voice in my head suddenly had a face. Faces I recognized and faces I was dying to see, Faces that I lost before I ended up like this.

Clenching the photo tight in my hand I pushed open his door. His eyes automatically snapped towards me. The glisten in his eyes told me how hurt he was, how long he has been waiting for me. He then turned his eyes towards my hand which held my past with him securely. His eyes went wide in shock.

"April ... you were not supposed to see..." Before he could have a chance to say anything else I,  leaped towards him and captured his lips with mine.

He didn't reciprocate as he just stood there in surprise but as I moved my lips against his he finally wrapped his arms around me, pressing his lips hard to mine. Our kiss was of longing, for all those days we had to spend apart and all those nights he had to sleep alone.

Our kiss became fierce. He pushes me against the wall opposite him as he kisses me more deeply. Finally breaking our kiss to take a breath I lean my forehead on his.

"I remember" I whispered. 

"What..?" He said leaning back to take a clearer view of my face.

"I remember," I said.

"You...you remember ..like everything?" He asks me with a tone of surprise and uncertainty.

"Yes, baby... I do. I remember everything, I remember you, my life, everything" I say tracing his face with my fingers, taking in every inch of him. Taking in the sight of him.

As the size of his smile grew he didn't waste a moment before engulfing me in a hug.

"Fuck, I missed you so much! So much princess. I missed you so much" He keeps whispering to me.

"I saw you...I saw you in my dream" I suddenly say.

He looks up at me, "What do you mean?" He asks me with curious-looking eyes.

"The day..." A soft sob left my throat " The day I fainted" I say sniffing "I saw you in my dream. You were right there in front of me in a field of lavender, My heart was trying to make me remember you. You were right there in front of me! All this time and I couldn't remember you. Oh god!" I say looking at him as tears finally escape my eyes. " I am so sorry baby, I am so sorry that I forgot you. I am so sorry" I hug him tight, finally breaking down in his arms.

"Shhh, baby... It's not your fault, my love. I am just so glad you came back." He says wiping my tears.

After crying my heart out in front of Caleb we finally settled down to talk about what happened. I have no idea where to start.

I just sit there in Caleb's living room as he gets me a glass of water. I smiled at him before taking it from his hand.

"You have to stop overthinking. Just go ahead and ask me whatever you want. I know you have a lot of questions Savvy. Just ask." He offers to take a seat next to me on the sofa.