7-The hungover babysitter

I felt my back hit the water with a loud splash sound. I come back to the surface to catch a breath of air when I saw Aiden smirking at me with his hand folded. He looked so proud. I was mad, so mad and I just couldn't let him get away with this.

So I smirked back at him making him drop his smile. I had a plan

I slowly pushed my hair out of my face, My gaze was locked with Aiden's. I then swam on the other side of the pool. Josh's pool was a big fancy pool with a small waterfall on the opposite wall and it had a little platform where you could stand and enjoy that waterfall.

And boy oh boy! I have waited for this moment all my life. 

I rested my palms on the surface of the platform and pushed my body up to get out of the swimming pool. As I was wearing skinny jeans, it hugged my curves tighter and my silk blouse was also clinging to my curves, showing off my body perfectly.

I slowly got out of the pool. I bend down and took off my heels. I was still looking at Aiden. His gaze never left mine.

I then looked at the DJ and screamed "Can we have some Music please!" 

The crowd was already gathering in front of me when the music started to play I slowly started to sway my hips along with the music and let the music take control. I wasn't a professional dancer or anything but I had some pretty sexy dance moves under my belt.

The beat increased and so did my steps. I was twirling and I slowly started unbuttoning my shirt and the crowd went crazy. I could hear all of them cheering and the loudest cheers were coming from my very dear friend Stacy. 

She kept shouting " You go girl! " which made me laugh and before I knew it I was joined by her on the platform and soon after everyone in the crowd was dancing. 

Aiden was still at his place. He had the tiniest smirk on his face. I looked right into his eyes as I pretended to grind myself all over Stacy. 

 I could see him gulp nervously or was it the sexual tension that I could suddenly feel. I then saw Aiden walking away and on his way inside the house, he crossed Madison who was staring at me and drinking beer. Her face looked like she was cursing me out loud. But I didn't care.
I was having the time of my life.

I woke up the next morning with the worst hangover of all time. It wasn't just the alcohol but also all that swaying finally caught up with me. My body was hurting from everywhere. It was hard to even know where the ache was. 

I groaned and went downstairs and pooped an aspirin and then I made myself some coffee. I then went to sit on my couch, I covered my head with my hoodie stretched it over my knees, and curled up on the couch. It was 11 am on a Sunday and I wanted to die.

I was falling back asleep when I heard the doorbell ring. I winced a little. I gathered up all my courage and got up to open my door. 

To my surprise, It was Suzanne and Alice.

"Hi guys, Good morning" I greeted them with a smile pretending that I wasn't dying inside.

"Good morning April," Alice said

"Hi April, I am sorry we showed up like this but I have a favor to ask, " She said

"Yeah, sure, no problem. What is it?" I ask her

"I urgently have to leave for work and I couldn't find a babysitter and even her big brother is MIA. I was hoping that you wouldn't mind looking after her for a few hours?  I will be back as soon as I can" Suzanne told me.

"Oh yeah sure I would love to, you don't have to worry about it," I said and look at Alice "Right Alice?" I said looking at her. She gave me her biggest grin and nodded her head.

With the pounding headache and the killing body ache, I wanted to say no but Suzanne is so sweet and Alice is so cute. I couldn't say no.

"Thank you so much  April, I will be back in an hour or two." She said as she hands me Alice's bag  and gave Alice a big kiss on her cheek

"Now be a good girl and do not bother April too much okay?" She told her and then she left Alice with me.

"So what do you wanna do Alice," I asked her closing the door behind me

"Can we eat pancakes?" She said turning around

"Of course, that's a great idea! I am famished" I said as I kept her bag down on the table and then she squealed "Me too" and then she climbed on the chair and then she sat on the kitchen island. I could tell that she was excited.

My head was finally not hurting after I had a lot of coffee and aspirins. And Alice kept me distracted half of the time so it didn't seem to bother me too much.

Alice is the cutest kid I have ever seen. She was so happy when I gave her some Nutella on top of her pancakes. And by the time we were finished she was all covered in chocolate but she was a happy kid. After all the mess she made, I asked her if she wanted a bubble bath and she couldn't be more energetic and excited. As soon as I filled up the tub she immediately took off her clothes and she jumped in like a monkey. she played in a little and by the time she was all dressed up and ready, she was half asleep. 

She was the easiest kid I have ever seen, not that I have seen a lot of kids but I have heard a lot of times that kids are not easy. I mean you feed 'em and give 'em and they sleep.

When Alice woke up from her sleep we watched a princess movie and by the time we finished the movie the doorbell rang. I went to open it to see Suzanne standing in front of me, dead tired. 

"Hi April, I hope she didn't bother you too much?" She asked 

"Oh no! Honestly, she is the easiest kid ever. We had so much fun today" I said before calling Alice 

"Oye be careful," Suzanne said as she saw Alice running toward her

"Mom! I missed you!" Alice said hugging her mom. 

"I missed you too. Did you have fun today?" 

"Yes, April is the best babysitter ever!" Alice said 

"Awww you are the best kid ever too," I said ruffling her hair

I handed over Alice's bag to Suzanne. When they left the house suddenly felt more empty. It was a great day. I didn't feel sad today and I felt good being at home. 

I was sitting on my kitchen stool when my phone buzzed. It was a private number. My heart started beating fast. I knew who it was. 

"Hello?" I hear as soon as I pick up the phone

"Hello," I said 

"You called? is everything all right?" The voice said

"Yes, it is. I just wanted to talk to you" 

"April what is it?" 

"I just wanted to talk to you, I missed you and I just needed to hear a familiar voice. I am just homesick I guess" I said as tears welled up in my eyes

"I know, I miss you too and I am so sorry that you have to be so far from me but baby you know I have no choice," She said

"I know," I said as tears rolled down my cheek "I understand " 

"I love you honey but we can't let emotions get in the way of your safety. We have to be careful and I hope you are careful. I don't want you getting in trouble.  " She said 

"I am," I said

"It's gonna be hard baby but I know you. You are strong trust me you'll get through this" 

"We will get through this," I said wiping my tears away.

"I love you okay but I have to go now," She said

"Yeah. I love you mom" I breathed out before the line on the opposite side went dead.