5- A prank , A kid and a phone number

I reached school to find an only empty spot near Aiden's car so I hurried and parked my car there because I was already late and I did not need detention.

I was a minute late so Mr. Ellie let me in. I spotted Stacy at the end of the class and she also had a seat saved for me. I made my way towards her when I was stopped on my way by a pair of legs blocking my path. I looked up to the owner of those legs, Josh. He was Aiden's friend. 

"Do you mind?" I said. His head snapped at me and he immediately removed his legs.

I went to sit next to Stacy. After the class was over Stacy and I had different classes so she went to her class and I went to the Staircase. 

I was peacefully reading a book when I heard shuffling and whispers. I removed my earphones. I got up to look around when I saw a group of boys whispering something but most importantly what caught my attention was that they were talking about me. 

I eves dropped on their whole conversation and after they left the place. I quietly sneaked out so no one would see me there. I knew what I had to do. 

I texted Stacy that I would meet her at lunch and I took my car and made my way to the nearest printers.

I come back an hour later and I got to work. And then I went back to my classes as nothing happened. After school Stacy and I made our way to my car when we saw a huge crowd standing where my car was parked. It's showtime! I thought to myself.

Stacy and I hurried to see what was going on when I realized someone has keyed my car or the fact that they think they key-ed my car.

"PREY" was scratched on the car.  

I knew who was behind this. I turn my head to see Aiden staring at me, from the far corner. He had a smirk on his face. 

It was time to wipe that smirk off of his face. 

I go near the car, which was keyed. I bend down and peel off a black sticker and as I was removing the sticker a white horse become visible which was hiding behind the black sticker.

It was Aiden's car.

I then turn around to see Aiden, His face went from smirking to shock to realize what happened, and finally, it turned red from anger. It was me who was smirking now. I gave him a fake smile stood next to my actual car and peeled off that horse sticker that I pasted onto my car. 

"Next time try giving them a plate number for reference, it will save you some money" I shouted for Aiden to hear. 

Stacy was laughing her ass off. She got in my car as I was dropping her home today and we drove away from school.

"WOW! This is fucking awesome. I have no clue what happened back there but this was the best thing ever, especially the look on Aiden's face!" Stacy said 

I was also grinning from ear to ear. 

"How and when did this all happen?" Stacy asked me 

"Oh, that is a very fun story.....I overheard some guys who were going to key my car and the only thing they left out between all that information was the plate number. They just mentioned the sticker and that was it." I explained her

"Oh, God! You should have seen Aiden's face. He looked as if he was ready to kill everyone! I could see the smoke coming out of his head " Stacy laughs even harder.

" I now feel bad for those boys who keyed the car," I said laughing 

"I bet 10 dollars that they will show up with a black eye to school," Stacy said 

After I dropped Stacy I went straight home.

I parked my car in my driveway. I got down and head towards the door when suddenly, I heard a kid crying. I looked around to see a little girl crying. I immediately run towards her.  Her cycle was lying next to her and she had scraped her

"What happened, kiddo?" I ask her as I pick up her cycle and help her stand up.

"I-I fe-ell down whi..le... cycling.." she said as she sniffed

"Aww, it's okay, Sweetie. You are a strong girl and strong girls don't cry" I wipe her tears

"Let me take you to your house. Where do you live?" I ask her. she pointed me towards the house next to mine.

Oh, she is my neighbor.

"Can you walk?" I ask her and she shakes her head, still crying. 

"Do you mind if I carry you ?" I ask her and then suddenly she raised her hands gesturing for me to pick her up 

I carry her in my arms. She was still crying. I reached her house and rang the doorbell.

A lady opens the door and when she saw her daughter cradled in my arms she immediately leaned toward me to take her from my arms.

"What happened?" She asked the little girl

The little girl said nothing so I spoke for her

"She is fine, she just fell off her bike," I said 

"Thanks for bringing her here," she said and I smiled at her 

She is very pretty. She almost resembled Courtney Cox, same eyes and same hair. But she looked so young.

"No worries," I said and then I went home

I ordered Chinese and went to take a shower. Food showed up soon after. When I finished my dinner, I sat down on my couch and browsed movies on Netflix but my mind wasn't on it.

I kept thinking about the number, the only number I have had since I was shipped here. I have never called on that number but I wanted to. I knew who it was but I had no idea if she would pick up.

Should I call her? was the constant thought in my mind. So I decided to try 

With trembling hands, I dialed her number.

As I expected, she didn't.