30. Sunsets and Rainfalls

Today Stacy, Alex, Caleb, and I were planning to go out for dinner but Stacy was unable to make it and Alex's father had him tied down with work so Caleb suggest that he and I could go out for dinner and I agreed. I anyways had nothing to do and Caleb is always a nice company to have.

I felt so stupid after I ran away from the field the last time but I apologized to him and told him about the diary I found and everything written in it. The only thing that seem to surprise me was the fact that Caleb was not as surprised as I thought he would be but maybe I was reading too much into it.

Currently, I am getting ready for dinner. Honestly, I was a little nervous to be completely alone with him. We have never been alone except for the first night we met.

I am wearing a simple white dress and my boots. Not too fancy, not too casual.

My doorbell rang, I ran downstairs to open the door. Caleb was looking as handsome as ever in his jacket, jeans, and his favorite boots that he loves.

He was holding a beautiful bouquet of hydrangeas. I gasped at them in surprise.

"Are those for me?" I asked him

He gave me the sweetest smile ever "Maybe"

"Oh come on," I said and took those from him "These hydrangeas are my favorite! Even the color! How did you know?" I ask him, taking those beautiful flowers into my kitchen to put them in some water.

"Lucky guess," He said "Let's go?" He said

"Yes. But where are we going? You haven't told me yet" I ask him

"Surprise," He tells me as I close the main door behind me

"I am not big on surprises Caleb," I said

"Trust me, I know. But it's gonna be fun I swear" He said and stridden in front of me to open the car door for me.

"Hmm Chivalry, I like it," I said as he mimicked blowing a little and tipping his imaginary hat for me, making me giggle.

I love having Caleb around, there are so many reasons too. He is funny and charming and we just fit together, if that makes sense. He gets me. He understands the way I think which I greatly appreciate.

Caleb started the engine and then we were off to the unknown place or places I had no idea.

I was a little surprised when he stopped on a hill.

"Are you going to kill me? Please I am too young" I dramatically said and Caleb just laughed at me.

"Come on," He said and got out of the car.

I followed him out of the car to see that I could practically see the whole city from up here. It was beautiful. Caleb took a beautiful picnic basket out of the trunk of his car.

I followed him to a spot near the cliff. He laid out a thick blanket for us to sit on. I sat down and Caleb kept the basket between us and he too sat down.

"Caleb" I turn towards him "This is .... beautiful," I said turning back to the amazing view in front of me.

"Wait for a few minutes and you'll change your mind," He said

"What do you mean?" I asked him, confused.

"You'll just gave to wait and see" He grinned.

I looked at him curiously. He then opened the basket and took out some sandwiches and sodas.

"You made all of this?" I asked him.

He nodded his head.

I just looked at him in surprise. He glanced at me and smiled and then passed me a sandwich "Here"