8 - Call it humanity.

" I didn't know you could dance like that!" Alex said as I approached him. 

I just reached school to see him leaning on his car so I made my way towards him.

"What are you talking about," I asked,  frowning at him in confusion. 

"Oh come on, the thing that everyone in school is talking about!" Alex said 

"What? What is the whole school talking about now?" I was still confused when he handed me his phone. It was a video of me dancing on the poolside at Josh's party. My face was not clear but everyone from school was present there so they all knew it was me.

"Oh great! not again," I say face-palming myself

"Oh come on everyone loves you, you are our little celebrity" He teased me.

I rolled my eyes and looked away when I saw Stacy going inside the school building.

" Stacy" I call out to her. She stops in her track to look around unsure of where the voice comes from. 

"Stacy " I call again to grab her attention towards me. She finally found me and smiled but then her eyes landed on Alex who, now was looking in her direction and then he lifts his hand to wave at her. Stacy's eye went wide in shock like a deer caught in a headlight and she snapped back her head towards the school building and practically ran.

I couldn't control my laugh when Alex looked at me, surprised "What was that about?" 

"Nothing," I said  " I will meet you later," I said and went to catch up with Stacy. She was standing inside the school building, near the entrance.

"Did you see that" she immediately said 

"What? Alex waving at you or you running away like a scared doe?" I said teasing her while I was trying to suppress my laugh

Stacy gave me a death glare "Whatever" she said

"Oh come! You looked so cute. The prettiest doe in this jungle called the high school" I sang to her

"I don't know about being a doe but I sure am the biggest idiot in this jungle called the high school," she said opening her locker.

"It's not that bad. He didn't even notice" I said trying to make her feel better

"Really?' she asked me

"Yeah! totally! Now let's go to class. I am in no mood for a lecture or detention" I said dragging her to our class

As I enter the class, I hear someone shout " Looks who it is guys! " and then he start clapping and within a few seconds, everyone is cheering and clapping and hooting.

 I had no clue what was going on so I looked at Stacy and she turned towards me with her lips in a tight line and a smile pasted on her face. I wasn't sure if she was sympathizing or excited. I had a feeling that this was definitely about the party.

It has not even been a week and I had two videos on the internet. Great.

I had a fake and surprised smile on my face. It was embarrassing. As I reached my desk I saw Aiden sitting at the extreme right corner. His eyebrows were raised and he had a devilish smirk on his face. I just ignored him and went back to sit.

"Do you know who uploaded the video?' I asked Stacy

All of a sudden I had this weird feeling in my stomach. What if mom got to know about this video? she would not be happy. It could get me in more trouble and not just with her but something more dangerous. I mean, I was told to keep a low profile and I was practically shipped here so that I could stay low and hidden for whatever reason it was. I felt a sense of fear taking over me as my heart started beating fast.