27. Its not what it seems like

I just kept looking at her, dumbstruck without saying a single word and she did the same. Her hands crossed over her chest with a stern look on her face. Her look was scary. But what was I supposed to do? Tell her I am sorry that Aiden dropped me at a stupid school function?

So I thought, instead of standing there, looking like a fool, I should move aside and let her be. And why does it matter anyway?

"Excuse me," I said and tried to move away from her and her group which was behind her.

"This is a joke you know that right?" She blocked my way and then spoke straight to my face.

"Excuse me?" This time I wasn't asking for a way but for her to repeat what she just said.

"Yeah, you heard me right. Do you think Aiden would come to this fundraiser with you instead of me? If you do then you are just dumb."

I scoffed at her before rolling my eyes at her silly insecurities, "Madison, sweetie, It's between you and Aiden. I may be here with Aiden but I am not his date. So you leave me alone" and with that, I walked away."

I was later standing alone, away from the dance floor when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a guy standing. Looking at his face I felt a sudden rush of Deja vu.

"Hi," I said, a little surprised.

"Hi, " he said, then he slowly put forward his hand "If you don't mind, can I ask you for a dance?" he said.

To be honest that guy was charming, beautiful, and also very... familiar.

Do I know him? Was the first thing that came to my mind. As he was standing right there asking me to dance and as this was a school dance I said yes.

Making our way towards the dance floor we stood in the middle when suddenly the DJ changed his song to something soft and slow.

Great timing, God!

Putting his hand forward he asked me "May I?" I nodded.

He put his hands on my waist, mine on his shoulder. We gently swayed to the song.

I felt a little weird but then I didn't mind. It was just a dance anyways. But I wasn't able to get the feeling out of my heart so I asked him.

"I am sorry but do I know you?"

He smiled a little "Maybe" He said.

"Maybe? You kind of look is very familiar" as I was about to say something he cut me off.

"Then, maybe you do know me, you just don't remember it." He said.

"Are you sure, I don't think I have seen you anywhere," I said?

"I am," is all he said. I looked at him and then I noticed something. Just behind him across the dance floor stood Aiden, with a stern look on his face and clenched teeth.

Was he angry? 

His eyes were on me and he was looking toward me and the guy I was with. I didn't wanna get ahead of myself but was he jealous? Before I could overanalyze the situation I turned my eyes in the other direction. Avoiding his gaze, which was might I add, intense.

I didn't realize that the song was over. I was so intimidated by Aiden's gaze that I practically lost my common sense because I just thanked him and walked away.

Trying to drink up embarrassment when Alex and Stacy pulled me to the dance floor. I still had a drink in my hand so when Stacy pulled me towards her I spilled some of it on myself.