Epilogue

6 Months Later

Two People were laid to rest that day, One was Caleb Genovese - A friend, companion, a true comrade, and guide, and the other was April Collins - A beloved, a friend, and a lie.  

Only Savannah Bishop remained, with an empire that she knew nothing about. When the only person who loved her for who she died in her arms she knew she had to avenge him and she did but even after firing seven bullets into Enzo's body she couldn't stop the agony that had arose in her so she made a promise to herself and Caleb - To never be in this vulnerable state again and for that, she has to take the charge. After months of getting everything in place, she finally took her place as the head of the crow but for that, she had to make the ultimate sacrifice and leave everything behind and that was the day she decided to bury her past as April  Collins and began her old life-  anew. 

But one part of her was still there, in the small town where she had found love and friendship so she secretly always kept a check on them. She was not okay but she had to pretend until she was. This is her life now. 

Another life was changed forever too. 

Standing in front of a headstone was Aiden Dawson, a bottle of champagne in his hand. His other hand in his pocket, his hair a little messy. He looks at the bottle in his hand and then smiles.

"I did it," He says "I did it, baby. I got in. I got into UPenn" He lets out a little laugh. "I know, I know... it's crazy but you said it. You said I do could do it and I did" He kept the bottle down and sat down with his knees folded as his hands rest on them. 

After a few days after April's kidnapping, her house burned down. Everything that belonged to her burned to ash. Everything that could connect them to April was now dust, Aiden felt her slipping. Like she was never coming back. Nothing was left of her except the faint fragrance of hers that still lingered in Aiden's room but not for much longer.

When the fragrance finally disappeared, Aiden was lost. A part of him was missing and he was losing his grip on sanity but then one day he dropped one of his books and when he picked it up a small piece of paper fell out of it. 

It was a small note in April's handwriting. 

His heart skipped, he felt like he died and come back. He remembered then that he had lent his book to her once. 

"My love is truest with you and dust without you" 

Told you I can write!

For the first time in a long time, Aiden smiled but the tears didn't stop falling.  He thought that it was the only note but a few days later he found a paper on which he had made a list of universities to which he would like to apply to. With a blue sharpie, UPENN was written in a big circle and other names of the universities were all scratched. At the end of the paper, she had written another note for him

"You are a brilliant man Aiden Dawson. You can do anything you want"

Aiden had always wanted to attend UPenn probably because his entire family from his dad's side are UPenn graduates and after all, he was a Dawson. After the note he found he applied to UPenn not because he believed in himself but because she did and like always she was right. He got in. 

"I am leaving today but I didn't wanna leave without seeing you first," He says 

He wiped his nose on the back of his hand as his eyes became wet and his throat became heavy.

"I miss you" He whispered

A stray tear ran down his cheek. He wiped it instantly. He gulped down his tears and opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out and tears, hidden beneath his eyes started falling. He had promised himself that he will not cry but he failed. As he looked at the headstone in front of him. 

APRIL COLLINS

"WITH US FOREVER AND ALWAYS"

"I love you" He whispered with a sense of longing. He whimpered, hiding his face in his elbow. A hand touched his shoulder gently, he looked up to see Alex.

"Come on," he said

Aiden nodded and he got up from his place. He gently kissed his hand and placed it on April's forehead. 

"I'll see you soon," He said

-----------------------------------------------------

Wow! Finally.
I can not believe that I have finally completed this book.
If you have made it this far then thank you for reading this novel.

The ending might or might not be your favourite but like they say

"An ending is only the beginning of new things."

Thank you for being a part of this story. I will forever be grateful.

Love,
Khushi