29. Messing with me

Every night since the day of the fundraiser, Aiden has been waiting for me to at the same time he and I would go for our walk earlier. He has been everywhere but I kind of have learned to avoid him at all costs. I know he has been trying to communicate with me but has failed every time. 

I don't understand, what am I supposed to do? Why is he doing this to me after everything he has done before this? I already feel like a fool for falling for his trick and  I don't wanna fall for his tricks anymore. That was the sad part, that I believed him whenever he lied to me, I feel like the most stupid person alive to have fallen for his tricks and lies and the worse part is that I felt something for him and I thought maybe he did too.

But then there is this other part of me that wants to believe him. After all this time, I still wanted to believe him. Why does my heart still have to believe that Aiden is not lying to me and everything that happened was not a cheap trick he pulled? He meant it all.

But...... there is always a 'but' or a 'maybe'.

I have been avoiding Aiden at all costs and I am keeping a very large distance between me and Madison too. I don't think she remembers anything but people tend to lie a lot here.

On the other hand, I made a new friend-- Caleb, the guy I met at the freshers. He is the new assistant football coach in my school. He is great, honestly.

He is also great at boxing. So now, he is practically my coach too. He is teaching me how to box, which is pretty cool. We practiced in my front yard, which kinda gets awkward sometimes. Once, Aiden and I locked eyes while he was going out and the way he looked at me gave me goosebumps. He looked at me with so much intensity and then he looked at Caleb with anger like he would beat him or something. Caleb didn't give it much attention but I know Caleb won't back down too.

I introduced Stacy and Alex to him and they all got along great and now we all hang out together after school. Caleb looks over the evening practices and he was in school right now. So we decided to meet there and Alex and Stacy would join us later.

"Hey there, Coach," I said and Caleb turned towards me and smiled.

"Hey!" He said.

"What do you think about my form?" I said showing him my non-existing biceps, joking around with him. He laughed at me.

"Not bad," and we laughed, like the two silly people we were.

I was talking to him when I felt water drop on my face. I looked up when suddenly it started raining. I looked down at Caleb who looked at me like a kid in a candy shop- amused and happy.

He was enjoying it and I, on the other hand, covered myself with my hand and started walking towards the shelter but then Caleb held my hand and pulled me towards him.

"Oh come on! It's the first rain of the season! You can't run away from this." He said, still holding my hand.

"No no no Caleb. You gotta be kidding me. Come on let's go." I tried to pull him too with my hand but then he pulled me towards him.

He was still laughing so I tickled him. And when he let loose, I tried to run but he was fast. He pulled me held me from my waist and picked me up.

"Caleb! Put me down!" I knew he was having the time of his life. He spun me around.
He was still laughing but then I started tickling him again and didn't stop. We didn't care about the rain. We just ran around in the field and had fun.
And suddenly, he held my hand and pulled me towards him.

"April..." he whispered and then  I looked up at him and suddenly I saw his face flash in front of my eyes.

I saw him and me standing on a doorstep. I could see his face, worried. I saw myself drenched.