37. Kisses Over dinner

Looking at myself for the last time in the mirror, I went downstairs.
Today we are having dinner at the Dawson house and well, I am feeling kind of nervous about two things.

First, I am feeling a little nervous for Alex and Suzanne. I know it's all gonna be alright but it is the first time that all of them are having dinner together and keeping Alex's and Aiden's history in mind, I don't want this night to end up in a punch fest.

I hope that it's just my nerves talking and Aiden and Alex are just gonna be fine. I mean Aiden would do anything for his mom and this is just dinner. I am sure we will all just be fine.

And secondly, I kissed Aiden, again and............ I loved it! I freaking loved every second of it and I can't wait to kiss him again.

Oh, God! I really, really can't stop thinking about it. I mean it was beautiful, passionate and so fierce, all at the same time. It was perfect.

The best part was that I didn't feel nervous around him. He made it all so easy and comfortable.

He is like a cool breeze on a hot summer day.

The thought of him kissing me makes me clench my thighs together.

I am a little scared about the way I feel about him. It scares me because maybe ...... I am falling for him.

I can never say that to myself or out loud because if I did, that would make it true and everything else a lot complicated.

It's weird to think that Aiden Dawson has a big chunk of my heart right in his hand.

Brushing the thoughts aside, I made my way outside. As I opened my front door, I came face to face with Aiden. He was about to knock but he stopped as soon as he saw me.

"Hi." My heart dived into the pit of my stomach.

"Hi." I could see his eyes shine.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Well, I am here to pick you up for dinner," he said.

My mouth stretched into a smile. "Really?" I asked him and honestly, I couldn't stop smiling

"Uhmm hmmm" He nodded. "Come on," he said as he extended his hand for me to take. I gladly took his hand and stepped out closing the door behind me.

"You look really beautiful by the way," he said.

I was already not in control of the way I was smiling and his comment made my cheeks red. The kind of effect he has on me is crazy.

"Thank you, Mr. Dawson. You look handsome yourself," I said and he grinned at me.

He looked perfect as always.

"Let's go, come on," he said as we made our way towards his house.

"Hi," Suzanne said as we entered the house. She looked happy and beautiful.

"You look beautiful April, come in," she said. I stepped inside and hugged her.

We come inside to see Alice glued to the TV screen watching Snow White.

I slowly walked in without making any noise went close to her and Boo-ed her. She screamed a little and jumped up on the couch then turned towards me.

"April!!!" She screamed as she saw me and launched herself into my arms.

"Hi princess," I said and hugged her tight. "I missed you," I told her.

"I missed you too," she said. Her small figure then bounced back on the couch and then she patted the seat next to her and asked me to sit beside her.

"Is that the fairest of them all?" I asked her.

"Yes! It's Snow White and his prince charming." She squealed as the Prince kissed Snow White. She then turns towards me and looks at me for a moment.

I look at her and raise my eyebrows. "What?" I ask her.

"Nothing," she said and left, leaving me confused.

"Something smells nice," I say as I enter the kitchen. Suzanne smiled at me when I heard the doorbell ring. Suzanne's head snapped towards me. Her face suddenly looked a little shocked. She was nervous I could tell, but I gave her a reassuring smile.

She took a long breath, straightened her clothes marched towards the door, and opened it.

I followed her to the door and stood behind her. She opened the door to reveal Alex, dressed up in a nice shirt and pants, and had a bouquet of beautiful flowers in his hands.

"Hi, Mrs. Dawson," he said and smiled at her.

"Please call me Suzanne. Come on in," she said.

"These are for you, Mrs...hmm sorry, Suzanne," he said handing her the flowers he bought for her.

"Well, don't you clean up good," I said.

He looked at me and shrugged, smirking.

I scoffed and hugged him. "Come on in," I said and turned around to see Aiden standing right behind us. He didn't look happy to see Alex but his fist wasn't flying at him so maybe that's a start.

I cleared my throat and looked at Aiden. I stared at him with a fake smile, signaling him.

"Hi," Aiden finally uttered.

"Hi," Alex said and nodded his head.

"Well, why don't we go in?" I said and looped my hands around Alex and took him inside past Aiden. I gave him a final glance before taking Alex inside the kitchen.

We both sat down on the kitchen island when Alice ran in calling my name but then stopped at the doorway when she saw Alex.

She stared at him and then looked at me. "Who is that?" she asked me.

I smiled at her and then turned to Suzanne she nodded at me.

"Alice, this is Alex. You wanna meet him?" I ask her as I extend my hand to her. Her tiny little fingers take my hand. She had a stuffed toy in the other hand which she was using to hide her face behind.

"Hi Alice I am Alex," he said as he stooped down on her level.

"Hi," Alice said very shyly.

Alex extended his arms toward the little girl, smiling at her. She surprisingly released my hand and took Alex's. Alex's eyes lit up and he looked at me in surprise. I grinned at him like a Cheshire cat.

"Alice you know who he is?" I asked her. She was still looking at him as she shook her head from side to side.

"He is your brother, Alice," I said. She was surprised when she turned toward me.

"Like Andy?" She asked me.

"Yeah like Andy," I said. I looked up to see Aiden leaning on the door frame.

She giggled and then turned towards Aiden.

"Andy comes to meet Alex, he is my brother, like you!!!" She exclaimed. "Come on," she called him again.

"Alex..this is Andy," she said to Alex.

Alex got up. "Hi Andy," he smirked a little as he extended his arm towards Aiden.

I could see Aiden clenching his teeth but then he extended his hand too.

"Hello....." He took and dramatic pause. "Alex," he said smiling.