11 - Awkward.

It has been a few days since the dinner and a few weeks since I have been getting good sleep. A sense of hollowness keeps me awake. It feels like I am missing something important in my life. I hate this feeling, it almost makes me anxious.

What if I am missing something important.

So I decided that I am gonna take advantage of waking up early and practicing track at school. People are always in school for morning practices so it seemed like a good idea until it turned out to be a bad one.

When I reached the field the first thing I noticed was that I was the only girl on the field between the boy's track team and boys' football team. 

No matter how much of a confident person you are there are times in your life when you feel completely out of place, conscious and awkward. For me, it was now. 

I constantly felt eyes on me even though they weren't. So I took a deep breath and tried to gain as much self-confidence as I could and walked towards the bleacher to keep my bag and then go was a run around the field.

I was warming up when I felt someone standing next to me. I turn my head towards the directions to see Josh standing.

"I thought I saw you," He said 

"Well here I am" I breathed 

"What are you doing here?" He asked me

"Well, isn't it obvious?" I pointed out around me 

"Yeah I know but this field has not seen a girl in morning practices since..ever" 

I chuckled

"Going for a run?" He asked me

"Yeah," I said

"Mind if I join you?" He asked me

I was taken aback by the way he was being so friendly all of a sudden. He has never even said Hi to me in the corridors and now he was asking me if he could join me for a run. 

"Yeah sure" I blurted

After our run, Josh went back to his practices. We did not talk at all during our run which was a good thing but very awkward. I on the other hand went on to do some exercises and then went to take a shower. 

When I reached the girls changing room  I saw a big Locke hanging on the door. Oh god really!?? I don't wanna go home to take a shower and change and I also didn't want to attend classes stinky and sweaty.  

I looked around to see a boy come out of the boy's locker room. I stopped him in his way.

"Hey, excuse me" He stopped in his track and looked at me. 

"Is anyone inside the locker room?" I asked him

He shook his head in a no. He was, I am guessing from the track team.

"Oh..okay. Can you tell me at what time will the practices end for both the boy's teams?"

"Oh uh. The track team is already gone and I have no idea about the football team. I guess they will be on the field for another hour."

"Oh thank you," I said and he walked away

So I decided to hurry up and take a shower in the boy's locker room. What can we do in desperate times call for desperate measures? I took my chance and I tiptoed into the room stripped out of my clothes and stood under the shower.

A minute late I heard someone walk in and my heart rate went up like crazy.

"Josh is that you?" The voice called out and I immediately recognized that voice because it wasn't meant to be forgotten, it was none other than the only man I was trying to get away from 

Aiden Dawson.

 Oh god why him!?  I can deal with the whole football team walking in on me but why him!  

"Man you  in there? " he asked again

My mind went numb and I was panicking inside. When he called out  again I didn't stop to think before murmuring "Hmmm" 

"What with your voice? well whatever" he said as I heard him opening his locker 

"BTW I saw you checking her out again, You need to stop, she isn't even you type" he added, and after listening to what Aiden said my curiosity level increased alongside my blood pressure.

'Checking her out?' What does he mean by that? What does he mean by again? I am pretty sure that the "her" in his story was me because there was no other her on the field. But then it brings the obvious question Why was Josh checking me out?

I hurried and dried myself and started to wear my clothes when I notice that my bra was missing and at the same time I heard Aiden

"What the...what is that? is it....no way! is it a .....a bra?'' he spoke, surprised 

"Don't tell me you have a girl in here" He asked I could hear his footsteps approaching in my direction so I panicked and wore whatever come to my hand first.

" Josh? is it a joke? because it's not funny"  he came in front of my shower room and I could see his bare feet from under the curtains.

"Josh?" he called out and suddenly in a swish he drew my shower curtain open and I saw his eyes go wide. I was now facing to face with him, me in a t-shirt and him in only a towel.

I gulped, hard.

I looked at him and the nerves running up his arms caught my eyes. I sucked in my breath.

"What are you doing here?" he hissed.

 I leaned forward and snatched my bra which was hanging on his finger.

"Thanks" I smiled at him and closed the shower curtains again

"Hey" he responded 

"Don't open the curtain again, you might see something you'll never forget" I commented

He scoffed "You wish"

I wore my clothes and then opened the curtains to see him standing in the same place where I left him.

"Ohhh come on get off you high horses, there is no chance you have seen better and I can bet on it," I said and picked up my bag and started to walk out. I reached the door and turned to see Aiden looking in my direction.

"And by the way, thanks for letting me use your shower," I said  and walked out