49- In my arms

"April" He screamed as he ran towards me. I was standing on the opposite side of the road, My hands tied behind my back. Tears blurring my vision,  I hear him scream again, blinking back the tears. I saw him run towards me, as my vision got clearer, my eyes went to the truck which was leading straight towards my Aiden.

I tried to scream for him to stop but suddenly my mouth was gagged with a piece of cloth so I tried to run towards him but instead, I found myself bound to a chair with my feet tied. Looking up I could now see everything more clearly than I could have. And the truck instead of slowing down has gained more speed, like a bullet heading straight for Aiden as it has been set to a specific target. I tried to scream and shout, I did everything for him to notice the oncoming truck but he was just running, trying to reach me but everything seemed so far never-ending. As if my worst nightmare was stretched for me to see it in full detail and slow motion. And within a blink of an eye, the truck struck Aiden, and with that, I woke up with a jolt.

My breath was heavy and my head felt like it was pounded by a hundred rocks. My vision was blurry, the place smelled like dead fishes making me gag. I could feel the burn of the ropes around my wrist and feet. My head was spinning in a thousand different directions as I tried to look up. My chair was placed at the head of a table, the irony of the situation made me want to laugh - The head of the organization was tied to the head of the table. The deliberation in my positioning smelled of Enzo. My ears picked up the sound of different men shouting at each other. I lifted my head but my vision was still blurry. Opening my eyes little by little I drew enough strength to hold my head up and the entire table went silent like they were waiting for me.

"Look, who's up! Our dear beloved head of the Crows! " laughter cracked in the room making me wince.

It was him and we had an audience. My head still hung low but then I lifted it to look at the table.

Four men sat across from me. Even with a bad memory, I could recognize these faces anywhere. Members of the Blackbird organization. Traitors, cowards.

Robert Dudley, Kai Gonzales, Harry Remington, and Enzo Genovese.

"The head of the organization- Madam Bishop" another laughter went across the room. "So tell me now, Bishop" Enzo spat my name. He came across the table and stood right behind me, fisting my hair; he pulled them hard making me lookup. "How does it feel to be the head, Doesn't it feel like a dream?"

A small laugh left my throat. He pulled my hair even harder this time making me wince.

"Just like your father", he bent down near my ear to whisper. "Don't you get it Savannah? This is the end. Your end and after this your mothers and then every Kin, supporter the Bishop's ever had" His words made my blood boil. With whatever power I had, I head-butted him with full power. I knew it wouldn't do much damage but to my surprise, Enzo's hand dropped from my hair and went to his nose. A loud curse left his mouth.

"You Bitch!" Enzo's angry voice echoed in the room as he slapped me hard right across my face. I could see blood running down his nose.

Even if this is my end. I won't go down without a fight.

"We need to hurry and get to those safes before anything goes wrong. There must be people looking for her already. We shouldn't take any chances"  Harry Remington spoke. This was the first time I have heard him speak in my life. He looked straight at me with his ocean blue eyes when I realized what my father used to say "Never trust the ocean, it's unpredictable" Now I wonder if it was about him and not the ocean. My father loved to speak in codes which I thought was to bother me so I never bothered asking him about them but what if he was teaching me?