36. Dawson brothers

After school, I was sitting on the field, hoping to find Caleb but he didn't show up. I was also trying to find a corner and drown myself in embarrassment after the way I ran away from Aiden.

Why did I run? Oh god! I faced palmed myself mentally again and again.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I heard a voice.

I looked up to see Alex standing and looking down at me, smiling.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi," I said as a wave of relief finally washed over me. "Where have you been?"

"Just work and I took some time to think, I am not gonna lie." He took a seat beside me. 

"I am sorry, Alex," I blurted out. I couldn't wait another moment. I just wanted him to know that I was sorry and I did not wanna lose Alex for the stupid thing I did. "What I did was stupid and selfish and horrible and I am so sorry," I said.

"Hey, hey, hey..." he said, calmingly and then he pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back.

 "Thank you," he muttered. 

I pulled away and looked at him "For what?" 

"I got a call," he smiled and I looked at him in total confusion. 

"From?" I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. 

"Suzanne." His lips stretched into a full smile. "Suzanne called me! Can you believe that? After Idk how many years, she called me!" 

"Really?" I screamed at him and jumped a little to engulf him in my arms. It felt like I was gonna die from being too happy. It was overflowing. Was it even possible for someone to be so happy for someone else? Well, maybe today this question was answered in the purest form.

"What did she say?" I asked him, curious. 

"She invited me to dinner at her place," he said. You could sense the excitement in his voice but you could also tell that he was nervous. "I mean it's just dinner but I mean ... yeah."

"Well like Neil Armstrong said 'That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind,'" I winked at him.

"Woah! I leave you for a day and now you are quoting famous people? So now you are a genius?"  he ruffled my hair making an absolute mess of my dear beloved hair.

"Hey!" I slapped his arm away.

"Ouch!" he cried, rubbing his arm.  

"Oh stop being a baby," I said and we both laughed, and like that everything was alright again.

The next day I woke up with a bang, literally! There were some loud noises in my backyard. Oh god! It's a weekend! 

Groaning I finally picked up my ass out of bed to see what was going on. I went to my window to see a shirtless guy in my backyard. Tf?

I hurried and went downstairs towards my backyard, "Hey!" I called out.

And then that very naked guy turned around.

"Aiden," was all I could say because after that I became speechless. A very naked Aiden was standing in my backyard. I couldn't help as my eyes traveled up and down his torso. Jesus. How is he even legal? I gulped hard as I tried to look away.

I looked up to see him smiling as he arched his eyebrows. Cocky bastard!

"What are you doing?" I asked him as I dragged my eyes away from all that beauty that he hides under a stupid T-shirt.

He smiled at me and then he stepped aside.

"Oh my god! No way! No No No You didn't!" I exclaimed, "No No what?" I couldn't believe it!