26. Phone calls & Cheaters

We pretend that we don't care,
But we do..

___________________________________

Thea's POV :

Waking up in Harry's bed was not a part of my original plan. But when he was supposed to drop me off at my apartment last night he gave me the most adorable puppy eyes I've ever seen..how was I supposed to say no?

"Can you please stay the night with me?" He whispered as he looked up at me from underneath his eyelashes. His emerald eyes looked so kind and gentle, and I don't think I've ever heard his tone that insecure.

I knew he was uncomfortable and inexperienced with our whole thing going on, and I could see in his eyes that he had no plans of making me stay up all night screaming his name..he just wanted me close.

Before I had any time to think about what the hell I'm supposed to tell Amelia tomorrow, I nodded my head.

"Yes, of course." I replied in a heartbeat with a small smile.

And the happiness in his eyes after hearing my response, is something I will cherish and remember forever.

I heard the shower going in his en-suite, so it wasn't that hard to figure out where he was when I woke up.

I knew that I had to go home soon, because I can already imagine how pissed Amelia is gonna be at me for not calling her last night. And I really need to come up with a good excuse for not sleeping at home.

I hate lying.

But I can't tell her, I promised Harry I wouldn't.

I can figure this out. I think that I'm actually more ready for a relationship than I thought, maybe that's what I need to make my heart heal completely?

Sadly I don't think Harry is, he's way too scared of anything with commitment. But I will try to warm him up to it slowly.

As much as I hate to think about it, he's becoming very important to me. And I know that he feels the same, but he's in denial.

I guess I am as well since I haven't told him how much I actually care about him, but I'm not afraid to admit it to myself..that's where we're different. I've known him for long enough to know that he denies every single feeling he's scared off.

But I'll give him any time he needs.

I'm just curious to why.

But I guess there's things I don't know about him, just like there's things he doesn't know about me. But we'll get there..at some point.

I decided to call my mom while I waited for Harry. So I got out of bed and walked over to stand in front of his huge windows in his bedroom while I took the call.

I hadn't talked to her for a very long time, and I missed her. And after a couple seconds she picked up.

"Hola, Thea!" My mom answered the phone happily.

Yep, that's my Latina mamá.

"Hi, how are you and dad?" I asked with a smile on my lips. I've missed her voice.