16. Planning & Breakfasts

Thea's POV :

I woke up from the sound of the balcony door open and close. We were all scattered around the enormous couch in Zayn and Louis apartment, and I'm ninety-nine percent sure that I could feel a hard chest beneath me.

I slowly opened my eyes and I was right. Right next to me was the one and only Harry Styles laying. We all just fell asleep last night, so I never suspected that I would wake up with my head on his chest, but clearly I did.

I sat up slowly and looked around to see who went out on the balcony. Zayn and Louis were spooning a bit away from me and Harry, and Niall was spread out on the other side of them. So, simple math, Liam was the one on the balcony.

I got off the couch quietly so I wouldn't wake anyone up and walked slowly towards the balcony. I opened the glass door and was met by the fresh morning air of New York City.

Liam was sitting on the floor of the balcony facing the railing, so I walked up to him and sat down right next to him.

"Hey." I said quietly to catch his attention.

"Good morning." Liam replied in a tired tone.

"Hungover?" I asked with a small smile. Liam was so drunk last night, and sadly I'm pretty sure it was to forget about Maya, and now that he's sober..it all comes back.

"Very." Liam snickered, making me laugh lightly.

"How are you?" I asked referring to the whole situation with Maya.

"I'm coping." He answered with a sigh. "This is for the better."

"Yeah..Harry told me what happened last night. And I know that I never met Maya, but what she did wasn't okay." I said with a sad smile.

"I know. But I still love her." Liam replied in almost a whisper.

"Love sucks. Trust me." I stated as I thought back on my time being with Josh.

"It doesn't have to, though." Liam defended. I looked over at him with raised eyebrows. I thought he hated everything that even had to do with love after what Maya did, that's how I felt when I finally broke up with Josh..but I guess I can't compare our relationships, they were very different.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Maya and I had a type of love I can't explain, and it felt amazing. The way we laughed, went on adventures and cuddled at night..everything was perfect. And I would do it all over again, even if I'd end up hurt. So, love doesn't have to suck." Liam said with a sad smile. I knew he was right, even Josh and I had some good moments before he started taking drugs, or well heavier drugs, he's always been using drugs since I first met him.

But all those good memories easily faded when that one night happened..

Flashback:

"Josh!" I laughed loudly as he approached me in a tight hug once I opened the door.

"Missed me?" He asked with a cheeky smile as he took of his jacket. I kissed his cheek and nodded my head.

"Do you wanna watch a movie? Amelia is working." I said as we walked towards the couch and sat down.

"Thank god." Josh breathed out in relief. I frowned at him, I don't know why he doesn't like Amelia, she's my best friend after all, and she has never done anything to him.

"So..what are we watching?" I asked him as I grabbed the remote control.

"I wanna watch The Ring" Josh stated as he grabbed the remote from my hands.