18. After work and school

Jaeni's POV

"I'm glad it went better than expected." Jisoo said to me. "I know Unnie, I wasn't expecting it at all." I said.

We were in my office planning her wedding as she is my client but we also talked about other things like the situation where Soobin finally met his father. "But on a serious note, Soobin is Namjoon's heir Jaeni, are you two gonna talk to him about the mafia? To Soobin I mean." Jisoo said. I sighed. "I mean, we have to sooner or later, but Soobin is still a child and me and Namjoon need to think of the right time to tell him."

"I see, that's understandable then, maybe when he's got more knowledge about it, I think you and Namjoon wouldn't want to shock him." She said and I nodded. "Anyway let's not talk about that anymore, the venue you wanted is already scheduled for visit so you can see it with Jin." I said. "Oh! Sounds great, will you be going too?"

"Of course, so we can canvas the set up if you wanna pick that for your wedding." I said. "Alright, thanks for everything Jaeni, I hope things go well with you and Namjoon, I really hope for the best." She said and I smiled. "Thank you Unnie, I'll see you soon then?" She smiles. "Yes, see you..."

Jisoo and I hugged before she left, I sighed and sat back down on my chair. I started organizing some papers and plan, minutes later my office phone rang, I answered.

"Yes?"

"Miss Choi, miss Irene is here and she wishes to speak to you."

Irene?

"Let her in." I said and hung up. My office door opens revealing Irene. "Hello Jaeni, I hope I didn't distract you from your work." She said, I shook my head with a smile. "No miss Irene, please have a seat." I said.

"Thank you and please, you don't have to call me miss Irene, just Irene." She said as she sat in front of me. "O-oh..okay then, Irene. You needed to tell me something?" I asked. "Yes, I heard from Namjoon that he finally met his son and I wanted to let you know that I was the one who revealed your location to him. I'm sorry for the shock I gave."

"You did nothing wrong Irene, it went well actually, I don't know what I was afraid of now because Soobin was really happy to finally meet his dad and Namjoon was also the same." I explained. "I'm happy to hear that, also I have one more thing to say, since Sunmi is back now and she'll be planning the party, I'm inviting you to my wedding with Namjoon." She said and handed me an invitation. "Oh..really? Why me?" I asked as I looked at the invitation.

"Well, I talked to Namjoon actually, he said he's taking you as his date for my wedding, so I wanted to formally invite you." She said. "Namjoon is taking me? I didn't know about it yet, but since you invited me, I will definitely go, thank you." I said and she smiles.

"I'm glad you'll be going, well I have to go now, that's the only thing I wanted to tell you, thanks for the time."

"Thank you again Irene." I said and we bid each other one last goodbye before she left. I continued to do my work until my shift ended.

As I was about to prepare to leave, I received another phone call from my phone office. I answered.

"Hello?"

"Miss Choi, a man named Kim Namjoon is here and he wants to see you."

Namjoon? What's he..

"Let him in.." I said and hung up.

A moment later, Namjoon walks in my office. I smiled.

"Namjoon.." I said as he walked towards me, he wraps his arms around me. "Hey love, did I surprise you?" He said and kissed my cheek. "You kind of, I was about to get ready to leave and pick Soobin up from school." I said. "Perfect, I'll drive for you."

"But I have my car."

"I have one of my men with me, give him your keys and he'll drive it back to your house." He said.

"Hmm, okay then, let me get my stuff ready." I said and went to grab my bag and phone from my desk. I grabbed it and walked back to Namjoon, he wrapped his arm around my waist. "Let's go?" He said and I nodded. "Let me just say something to my assistant." I said. We walked out my office, we head over to the front desk where Yena is. "Yena, I'm cleared uo for the day, you can go home now after you lock up okay?" I said.

"Yes miss Choi." She said and me and Namjoon proceeded to leave the place. We walked to parking lot where one his men is and his car. "Give me your keys babe." Namjoon said. I took my keys out of my bag and gave it to him. "Here, drive it back to her place okay? You know where it is." Namjoon said to the man. "Yes sir." He said amd bowed to Namjoon before heading to my car.

Namjoon helps me into his car before he got in himself and started the engine. He started to off the parking lot.

"Wait, do you know where Soobin's school is?" I asked. "Seoul Primary School right?" He asked and I nodded. "How do you know?" He smiles. "I talked to Soobin." He said and I sighed woth a smile. "Oh, by the way, Irene came to see me, she's inviting me to her wedding and she also said you were gonna take me as your date?" I asked.

"Yeah, are you okay with it?" He asked. "I already said yes to Irene's invitation, but if you were gonna ask me, of course I would love to be your date, who were you gonna ask if it wasn't me then?" I said and he chuckled. "No one, you're the only one I'll ever ask." He said and I smiled.

Minutes later we arrived at Soobin's school parking lot. "Are you going wait here or do you want to come along?" I asked as he pulled up. "I'll go with you." He said. I took my seat belt off and got out, Namjoon went up beside me and we walked to Soobin's school. We were at the entrance and saw him by the stairs playing with some friends.

"Soobin!" I called, he looked up and smiled. "Mommy!" He said and he ran to me, I picked him up and kissed his cheek. "Daddy! You're here too!" Soobin said when he saw his father. Namjoon smiled and ruffled his hair. "Hey buddy.." Namjoon said. "You ready to go home sweetie?" I said and Soobin nods. "Yes, let me say get my bag and say goodbye to my friends." He said and I put him down.

He went to grab his backpack and say goodbye to his friends, his friends bid him goodbye as well and went back to us. I held his hand as we walked back to Namjoon's car.

I helped Soobin buckle up in the back seat before me and Namjoon got in our seats. We left the school and Namjoon drove us home. "How was school son?" Namjoon asked. "It was good daddy! We drew and colored!" Soobin said happily. I smiled, Namjoon glanced at me. "What are you smiling for babe?" He asked.

"Just... you're doing well Namjoon." I said and he smiled. "I'm trying but thanks for assuring me." He said.

I'm happy.