12. Namjoon?

Jaeni's POV

"How is dinner sweetie?" I asked Soobin who was eating the food I made. "It's really good mommy!" He said and I smiled. "After eating, go wash up and get ready for bed okay?" I said. "Yes mommy." He said and took another bite of his food.

I still thought about meet up with Irene, she was the future wife of Jackson Wang, Namjoon's business partner.

Could she lead Namjoon to me?

I shook my head lightly to remove this thought.

I shouldn't over think it.

She's a client.

After we finished eating, Soobin went to wash up in the bathroom while I washed the dishes. I wiped my hands with a towel and went upstairs to check on him. I opened his room door and saw him buttoning his pajama top. "Hey sweetie." I said and he looks at me. "Ready to go to bed?" I asked. "Yes mommy." He said. I placed him in his bed and tucked him in. "Goodnight Soobin." I said and kissed his forehead.

"Goodnight mommy." He said. I turned on his night light and turned off the lights. I quietly walked out of his room, closing the door.

I went to wash up and out on my nighties. I still had a little bit of work to do so I grabbed my laptop and placed it on desk. I turned it on and did some unfinished work.

A few minutes later, it was now ten PM. I yawned and stretched my arms, I turned off my laptop and got ready for bed, I felt a little thirsty so I went into the kitchen to drink some water. I grabbed a glass and a pitcher of water from the fridge.

I poured some in the glass and took a sip. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door.

Who could it be at this hour?

I put the pitcher back in the fridge and walked to the front door. "One moment!" I yelled as I walked there. I undid the lock and opened it.

My heart stopped, the person in front of me was..

"Namjoon?" I said shocked, afraid and anxious. He looked at me, I looked at him, he was still my handsome Joonie. He looked at me, I couldn't read his expression, if he was mad, happy or sad.

"Jaeni.." He said. I looked away. "Y-you shouldn't be here Namjoon.." I said and looked away from him. "Jaeni, why? Why did you leave me?" He said in a slightly broken tone. "Namjoon please, not here.." I said. "Why not? Is it because he's here? Your new man?" He said now in a angry tone. I looked at him.

"What? What are you saying?" I said. "You have a different last name now right? Did you get married?"

"Namjoon I--"

"Mommy?"

Oh no.

I turned around and looked up the stairs to see Soobin rubbing his eyes. "What's wrong sweetie?" I asked as I quickly walked up to him. "I woke up.." He said and I picked him up. "Is that so? Then let's get you back to bed." I said.

"Who's he mommy?" Soobin asked while pointing at Namjoon who was standing at the bottom of the stairs. "O-oh, that's just mommy's friend, let's put you to sleep now yeah?" I said walked towards his room.

I put him in bed and tucked him in again. "Go to sleep now okay sweetheart?" I said and kissed his forehead. "Yes mommy." He said and yawned. I made sure Soobin fell asleep before leaving his room again and closing the door.

"Jaeni." I turned around and saw Namjoon standing in front of you. "I need an explanation." He said.

I sighed.

"Okay."