28. Wanted to harm

Jaeni's POV

"I've got something to show you babe." Namjoon said. We were still in his private office, I was sitting sitting on his lap as he was sitting on his office chair while he was going through some papers. Soobin was still with his uncles. "What is it?" I asked as I leaned closer to his chest.

He reached for his drawer, pulling out a folder. "Here.." He said and handed it to me. I opened the folder and there was a document inside, as I was reading the document my eyes widened.

"Is this?" I said looking at Namjoon and he smiled. "Yes babe, Soobin's new birth certificate that states that I am his biological father." He said and I smiled. "W-wow, how did you..actually, when did you get this done?" I asked while looking through the document. "A week ago, I found Soobin's first birth certificate in a drawer in our room, I saw that no one was written on his birth certificate as the father so I decided to renew it. You just have to sign here to officialize it since you're his mother." He explained while pointing on a space on the birth certificate.

I nodded and he grabs a pen before handing it to me, I took it and signed on the space. "There, now Soobin have two official parents." I said and Namjoon smiled. "One more thing babe, check the next document." He said. I did what he told me to and looked at the next document, I read through it and gasped lightly.

"Inheritance?" I said and Namjoon nods. "Yes, Soobin is my legal heir to the company." He said. "Does this involve the mafia?" I asked and he shook his head. "No love, I'm letting you decide on that still, I know it's a difficult decision to involve Soobin in that line but this will ensure that he will be taken care of financially."

"I-I know, but I just realized that technically we can't hide the fact from Soobin if we wanted to, I was involved in the mafia ever since we started dating but we've involved Soobin ever since he was born. He has your blood, your legacy." I said. Namjoon gently takes my hand. "Yes but it's still up to us, if we involve him in this, I can train him, teach him and if we don't we'll make sure to keep it that way. Right now, the company is his when I retire, he'll be safe there." He said.

I sighed. "You're right, do I need to sign this too?" I asked and he nodded. He pointed at the space where I need to sign, I picked up the pen again and signed it. "It's official, the next CEO to my company." He said and I smiled. I leaned into his chest and sighed.

Just then, his office door opens revealing Soobin. "Mommy, daddy!" Soobin said and ran to us, I got off of Namjoon's lap and picked Soobin up. "Hey sweetie, did you have fun talking to your uncles?" I asked. "Yes mommy, but they ended up arguing about who was the best uncle so I went to see you." He said and me and Namjoon chuckled. "Let's go check how they're doing before an actual fight occurs." Namjoon said as he got up from his chair.

We walked out of Namjoon's private office and sure enough, the guys were arguing back and forth, well more like bickering with each other. "No, I'm the best uncle!" Taehyung said. "You're too young and don't have much experience with kids! I on the other hand is more mature and handsome so kids like me more!" Jin argued.

I glanced at Namjoon who was shaking his head and I just quietly chuckled. "Guys, stop." Namjoon said and they all looked at us. "I can't believe you're all bickering about something like this, Soobin even had to walk out because he thinks it's silly." He continued. "Don't worry uncles! I think you're all the best!" Soobin said and they all smiled. "Well I guess that settles it." Yoongi said.

"We're sorry Soobin." They said to my son. "It's okay uncles!" Soobin said smiling. "I think we should go now, we don't wanna stay for too long." Namjoon said. "Alright then, we'll finish up something and walk with you downstairs." Jin said. "Hey Jaeni Noona, can I talk to you and Soobin for a moment?" Jungkook asked.

"Sure Jungkook."

Namjoon's POV

I looked over at my son and girlfriend, they were talking to Jungkook and I just smiled. "Hyung, while Jaeni's not listening, I need to tell you something." Taehyung said and I looked at him. "What is it Tae?" "It's about those guys who broke into Jaeni's house, I reviewed the surveillance cameras available in the area and saw them get into a getaway car after they left Jaeni's house. Good thing the video was clear and I was able to see the license plate." He explained and my jaw clenched, remembering that night where my son and Jaeni were in danger.

"Do you know who and where is it registered?" I asked. "Yeah, I did my research, do you want me to get your men to investigate?" He asked. "No, I want to investigate myself, I wanna know who wanted to harm my son and Jaeni. I'll investigate this maybe in two days, I'm gonna need you and Jungkook to go with me just in case, can you tell him?" I said and Taehyung nods.

"Thanks Tae.."

"Anytime Hyung.."