15. Going out as a Family

Jaeni's POV

I was washing the dishes while Namjoon and Soobin were talking, Soobin was sitting on the kitchen counter while Namjoon was standing in front of him.

I can't help but smile at their interaction, I was so glad Soobin took him well and the same for Namjoon. I dried off my hands and looked at my son and his father. "And that's why I like cupcakes!" Soobin said and Namjoon chuckled. "Well that was an interesting point son." Namjoon said. "Hey, I'm done with dishes." I said as I walked towards them. "Mommy, uppy!" Soobin said while making grabby hands towards me.

I smiled and picked him up from the counter. "Hey sweetie, having fun talking to daddy?" I said and he nods. "Daddy is very smart mommy! He sounds very intelligent." Soobin said and Namjoon chuckled some more. "Why thank you Soobin." Namjoon said and I chuckled.

"Why don't you go and play upstairs in your room sweetie, I need to talk to daddy for a moment." I said. "Okay mommy!" Soobin said. I put him down and he ran up to his room. "So babe?" Namjoon said walking to me, wrapping his arms around mine. "You and Soobin seem to be getting along." I said and laid my head on his chest. "Yes, I can see myself in him. He's a very bright boy." He said.

I smiled and looked up at him. "What are you going to do today?" I asked. "I was actually thinking of going out with you and Soobin today, maybe go to the mall." He said. "That sounds great, what time do you wanna go?"

"I need to go to my office for some paper work for only a few hours so maybe before lunch." "Okay, I'll have Soobin and myself get ready."

Namjoon needed to leave so I walked him out the door, saying goodbye. I went upstairs to Soobin's room to get him ready. "Soobin sweetie?" I said as I opened the door. "Hi mommy, where's daddy?"

"He left a little while ago sweetie but he's coming back soon, you go and get ready, we're going to the mall with daddy." I said and he smiles excitedly. "Really?!" He said.

"Yes Soobin, now go amd get ready, mommy will be in her room to get ready as well." I said and he excitedly ran to his closet. I smiled and went to my room to get ready as well.

I picked out my outfit on and brushed out my hair first, not styling it much. I then put some makeup on.

I did a bit more touch ups to my makeup and hair before getting into my outfit

I heard a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" Soobin said and I smiled.

Namjoon's POV

I waited outside the house of Jaeni and Soobin, seconds later, Soobin opened the door. "Daddy!" He said happily and I smiled. I picked him up. "Hey son, are you ready? Where's mommy?" I asked. "Yes! And mommy is in her room still getting ready I think." He said. "Okay, get everything you need in your room while I go see mommy." I said as I put him down. "Okay daddy!" He said and ran up to his room.

I walked up to Jaeni's room, I saw her fixing her hair.

She looked gorgeous.

"Wow.." I said, she turns to face me. "Namjoon, you're here." She said as she walked to me smiling, she kisses my cheek. "You look beautiful." I said while wrapping my arms around her. "Thank you, let me get my shoes on and we can leave." She said and I nodded. She put on a pair of flats and grabbed her purse. "Soobin? Let's go!" She called out and Soobin came rushing in.

"I'm ready!" Soobin said, me and Jaeni smiled. "Don't you look handsome." Jaeni said as he picked him up and Soobin giggles. "Let's go babe." I said and she nods. We walked out the house, Jaeni locking the door before putting Soobin in the backseat of my car and buckling him up before heading into the front passenger seat as I got in the driver's seat.

We both buckled up before I started the engine and drove off. As I was driving Jaeni moved her hand to mime, interwining them. I looked over to them and smiled before looking back on the road. "You okay babe?" I said and she hums. "This is just...the first time Soobin's going out with a whole family." She said and I smiled.

"I promise.. we'll have this all the time."